Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the whinging continues....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I felt it would have been better for the club if they had lost the cup final on Sat and forced their hand to get rid of him. As much as he has done for that club, he is no longer at the races.
I agree, and for that reason i am glad they won the cup. Well that and John Terry.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes top quality bit of banter from Wenger there, what better way to show your contempt from the morons getting on his back than by signing a new 2 year deal? Hilarious :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I felt it would have been better for the club if they had lost the cup final on Sat and forced their hand to get rid of him. As much as he has done for that club, he is no longer at the races.

Yeah but as we have seen at Man U following a.manqger who has been at a club two decades and is heavily involved in the running of many aspects of the club and strongly influenced the style of play isn't easy to replace. And that is without remembering that Wenger is a world class manager and coach, whatever a few morons might think. They will need to make significant preparations for his departure and knowing two years in advance his departure date will go a long way towards allowing that process to occur.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They will need to make significant preparations for his departure and knowing two years in advance his departure date will go a long way towards allowing that process to occur.
Couldn't they have started that preparation a couple of years ago, in time for him to leave now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arsene Wenger: Arsenal manager agrees two-year contract

Good on him!

Love this bit of cockwomblery from the BBC comments section:

:lolol:

The fact that he is talking about switching his allegiance to Chelsea tells you all you need to know. The sense of entitlement from some Arsenal fans makes their ****s in the run in every year and when they crash out of the Champions league very amusing to me..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah but what does Piers Moron think ?

This

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arsene Wenger was the greatest manager I've ever seen at Arsenal. Now he's the butt of rival fan jokes yet signs a new £20m deal. Pathetic.</p>— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) <a href="https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/869540952695812096">May 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/869540952695812096

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Won nine of their last ten games. That should get you third or fourth in that league.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Great few weeks for "Status Quo FC" rejecting the offer of a lucrative takeover, and giving Wenger a new contract :clap2:

The only way is the same way.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I have no liking for Arsenal whatsoever but the way some of their moron fans have behaved towards Wenger is disgraceful. He is a decent, respectful man who has brought a huge amount of success to that club.

This is the first time in his long reign that they have finished outside the top 4. Oh what we would give for that kind of abject failure.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
thumb-3890985-1000x563-907133d3deabe92e9a5ca6e47458c1664db3a651f1c77c857e92ec7c1ec19cb3.jpg Saw this in London yesterday!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won nine of their last ten games. That should get you third or fourth in that league.

They ALWAYS finish the season well once the League is out of reach and the pressure is off.

Anyhoo, I'm hoping we host Arsenal in the depths of winter, so I can see Arsene in our technical area fiddling with the zipper on his enormous duvet overcoat.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
1070. Posted by CapnB on 30 May 2017 23:08

My son is a typical modern Arsenal fan. He moans that in his whole life, they've only ever won five trophies - He'll be six in September!!!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The coverage of this saga on SSN just goes on and on and on AD NAUSEAM. I know I don't have to watch it, but some kind of incredulous curiosity compels me to do so. And yes, what a bunch of whiny fans. Had to listen to one interviewée explaining how last season was a "tough" one. Tough? TOUGH?? Christ. What the hell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here