Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genoa and Turin

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all your tips, some great ideas there.
    We are actually Interrailing (first class) so we have already arranged our route so that hotels could be booked.
    From Brighton we go to Paris, Provence, Riviera, Italy, Zermatt in Switzerland, Bern then back to Paris and Brighton. A 3 week trip and looking forward to it immensely.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner's Fridge View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Turin tends to close down in the afternoon at this time of year and whilst being more interesting than Milan is not one to get your hopes really fired up. Now Florence or (my fave) Bologna on the other hand are quite superb. I was in Bologna two weeks back and absolutely loved it. Food great (and good value), drink great (and good value) and architecture to die for......

Not that far from Turin either.....

TNBA

TTF
      Not been to Bologna, but have been to Florence - a stunning city. But I'll see that, and raise you Siena. Wonderful. I somehow suspect @Lord Bracknell may well concur...
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ofco8 View Post
      We are actually Interrailing (first class) so we have already arranged our route so that hotels could be booked.
      From Brighton we go to Paris, Provence, Riviera, Italy, Zermatt in Switzerland, Bern then back to Paris and Brighton. A 3 week trip and looking forward to it immensely.
      Sounds fabulous. Enjoy yourselves...

May just be me, but when I think of Riviera, Monte Carlo, Switzerland etc., I think of flash sports cars, flares, laydees, big effeminate hairdos on the men, hairy chests and medallions, some secret international crime-fighting organisation - and a superb theme tune...
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      My wife works for Trenitalia, the Italian domestic train company. I have travelled several times on trains in Italy, they are reliable, fast, and comfortable, and so cheap when compared to travelling by train in this country. I envy you your trip.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      Not been to Bologna, but have been to Florence - a stunning city. But I'll see that, and raise you Siena. Wonderful. I somehow suspect @Lord Bracknell may well concur...
      Indeed. My advice about Italian cities is always the same. Visit and then stay longer than you might think sensible. They all repay getting to know them better.

Especially Siena, Florence and Bologna.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I love Italy. Hope this helps.
      Not this again.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bracknell View Post
      Indeed. My advice about Italian cities is always the same. Visit and then stay longer than you might think sensible. They all repay getting to know them better.

Especially Siena, Florence and Bologna.
      Yep, really love Siena and Florence, not been to Bologna, must try sometime.

Like Italy a lot but strangely was disappointed with Sicily.

0 Not allowed!
      Yep, really love Siena and Florence, not been to Bologna, must try sometime.

Like Italy a lot but strangely was disappointed with Sicily.
      Done two Sicilian trips (West then East side of the Island) and enjoyed both - went with Mrs J's Arts Group so maybe we did some different places? NB did both trips in May - I don't think July/August would be as pleasant heat wise. A bit special as my Grandad went through there on his way to Salerno.