Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What we're up against

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Just seen this on the Premier League forum Manchester City possible starting lineup next season:-

Sane (£40m) Aguero (£38m) Jesus (£30m)

Sterling (£50m) De Bruyne (£54m) Fernandinho (£34m) Silva (£60m)

Mangala (£32m) Otamendi (£32m) Stones (£50m)

Ederson (£45m)

Scarey

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Knocky will tear that defence a new one.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Not really bothered about the top 7. Any points we get against them home or away will be a massive bonus. 8th down is where we will get the points that keep us up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It will be the same for the Huddersfields/Readings/Burnleys/ect ect ect I assume

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's not about the cost of players. It's about the team gelling together and playing and fighting for each other!

This season, we have seen it in spades from the players, and hopefully with no Billy Bigbollox signings, the bossman will keep that team spirit going, and we can do well :albion2:
#Together

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Hypothetically, if you could choose one for Brighton to sign and smash their transfer record this year, which would it be? I'd have Jesus. He's called jesus, he's young, Brazilian and fast. He might as well be called flairy mcflairface.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I make that £465m.

That's about 5x the cost of the Amex. Wow.

It would be funny if we stuffed them. Twice.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We should play them at Withdean on a wet Tuesday night.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Stones. 50mill. Your having a laugh. He is a total Emperors new clothes merchant. When you think it's players like him and Cahill repelling all comers to England, it's frightening.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I make that £465m.

That's about 5x the cost of the Amex. Wow.

It would be funny if we stuffed them. Twice.

Assuming we go bonkers this summer and spend £46 million, that's a tenth as much as they have spent. But that by no means will make them ten times better than us. It's not what you have, it's how you use it (that's what I keep telling my husband).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just seen this on the Premier League forum Manchester City possible starting lineup next season:-

Sane (£40m) Aguero (£38m) Jesus (£30m)

Sterling (£50m) De Bruyne (£54m) Fernandinho (£34m) Silva (£60m)

Mangala (£32m) Otamendi (£32m) Stones (£50m)

Ederson (£45m)

Scarey

The price tags don't make them better players.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
David Silva was "only" £24million and not £60million. Bernardo Silva is £43million so he gets in. They will be spending enormous money on two full backs, with a £17million "goalkeeper" on the bench as well. Man City's spending has distorted global football, continuing on from Man Utd and then Chelsea.

Real Madrid bought a 16 year old for €50million last week, which is crazy. And Kylian Mbappe will be sold for in excess of £100million this summer. Ridiculous money to be spending on players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here