Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Handmaid's Tale : Channel 4 9pm

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I like a slice of Margaret and read the book, which was an okay read. TV adaptation I would check out if only I had a TV, but should be good.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Video recorder set :thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My impression of watching the first episode was that it portrays a Christian version of strict Sharia Law. I wonder if the author was warning what extremist religious beliefs could lead to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I love the way he is doing her and watching the wife, then looks at her and starts enjoying it.
it will about episode three and I will get bored

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I found it really gripping, apart from when the ads spoiled the tension (it would have been better on the BBC). Anyone else spot Margaret Atwood herself giving Elisabeth Moss a slap?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What ****ed up ad company would place their client's products during the commercial breaks in such a story?

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
That's an interesting point. Different situation I know, but I was watching Sky's live coverage of the Manchester bombing and every fifteen minutes they cut away to adverts. I wondered if any company really wanted there flippant adverts shown during the live coverage of a tragedy like that. Surely Sky should have had the common sense to scrap the ad breaks and return the fees.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Any company that wants a lot of people to see them? You really are bestowing more humanity and morals on these companies than they possess.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Weirdly enough, I'm about a third of the way through reading the book. I had no idea they'd made a new TV series. I'll have to give it a watch once I finish the book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here