Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Budget 2017/18

What will be our gross spending on transfers come September?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm guessing we will go abroad and get quite a few players for around £2M-£4M and we will go for 1 big money striker for about £12-£15M. (Big money for us)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
20 - 25 million no more

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not really a transfer budget though. There's a combined pot for signings plus wages.

Dale Stephens renewing his contract has saved at least £10million, David Stockdale signing would save at least £5m etc

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we will be looking for loan players whether this is young players where we give them game time before sending back, or more experienced players with an option to buy if we stay up/
So I think we will be around the £20m figure.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Am I right in understanding that we can only have 2 loan players next season? Also, is our 25 man squad inclusive of under 23's( or players under a certain age)
I can us only bringing 3 or 4 in, on top of Stephens re-signing, Sidwell(if he signs), same with Stockdale and also possibly Pocognoli. I'll include Gross in that 3 or 4

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Am I right in understanding that we can only have 2 loan players next season? Also, is our 25 man squad inclusive of under 23's( or players under a certain age)
I can us only bringing 3 or 4 in, on top of Stephens re-signing, Sidwell(if he signs), same with Stockdale and also possibly Pocognoli. I'll include Gross in that 3 or 4
We can only have 2 loan players from English clubs, not the same club. We can have foreign loans.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
10 to 20 mill picking up a couple of under the radar bargains, though not the Japanese bloke now, because of his prat of an agent.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'd imagine we'll spend between 20 and 30 million, a fraction of the TV riches. But the real issue goes beyond the monetary. The real challenge is how to balance maintaining the team spirit and togetherness against the necessity of sufficient and essential strengthening to give us a realistic chance of staying up. And we're going to need more than 3 or 4 new players to do that - a goalkeeper (possibly two), two new full-backs and then we must add pace, power and guile in midfield and up front.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you take a look at teams who were promoted to the PL recently who did not have parachute payments, Bournemouth spent £70m and Watford £65m. That was before the present TV deal commenced. View attachment 85803

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here