Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anber Rudd, Hastings and Rye.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-in-Hastings-for-Amber-Rudd&highlight=anarchy

I've heard directly that even some of the blue rinsers in the H&R Conservative Association will not forgive her for what she did last summer in backing 'remain' and doing what she did to their hero Boris. Some apparently are still furious at her 'reckless' stance in backing 'remain' in a constituency that was always going to vote 'leave' and to hell with the potential aftermath, particularly had 'remain' won last last June. Neither will UKIP, who are standing against her. We're not talking a bloody civil war scenario like has happened in Bexhill & Battle Conservative Association twice this century, it doesn't help her. By no means a certainty for this Tory Toff.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
She argued for Remain in the referendum but then flogged her soul by pushing hard Brexit immigration policies the moment it seemed to suit her career and the internal convenience of the Conservatve Party. A duplicitous rat bag I'd say.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She argued for Remain in the referendum but then flogged her soul by pushing Nazi immigration policies the moment it seemed to suit her career and the internal convenience of the Conservatve Party.

I hope you don't mind, but I just corrected your post above for accuracy.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Labour should surely have won in 2015, with someone who was by all accounts a good, local candidate. However, with Labour closing the gap, I suppose they could make a fight of it. Man of Sussex, do you know who the Labour candidate is this time? Of course, looking at the constituency itself, one would think that Labour must win clearly in Hastings, with the Conservatives streets ahead in Rye. But it's not as simple as that, is it? Rye has elected Labour councillors a few times. Presumably it's areas like Rother Levels, Iden, Icklesham and Brede Valley that keep the Tories ahead.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Labour should surely have won in 2015, with someone who was by all accounts a good, local candidate. However, with Labour closing the gap, I suppose they could make a fight of it. Man of Sussex, do you know who the Labour candidate is this time? Of course, looking at the constituency itself, one would think that Labour must win clearly in Hastings, with the Conservatives streets ahead in Rye. But it's not as simple as that, is it? Rye has elected Labour councillors a few times. Presumably it's areas like Rother Levels, Iden, Icklesham and Brede Valley that keep the Tories ahead.

Peter Chowney - Leader of Hastings Borough Council. Labour lost 3 seats in the council elections earlier this month, but had the overall vote in Hastings. An Ashcroft Poll prior to 2015 had as you state - a Labour win under Sarah Owen ,with UKIP splitting the Tory vote - She was a mixed race girl from Hollington no less.

There is big support for Labour here. The Greens have stood down, The Lib Dems have given up, UKIP are on the front foot, some Tory voters don't like Rudd - it's interesting. The rural areas you mention aren't so great - Rother/Brede is Bexhill & Battle.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
She argued for Remain in the referendum but then flogged her soul by pushing hard Brexit immigration policies the moment it seemed to suit her career and the internal convenience of the Conservatve Party. A duplicitous rat bag I'd say.

We have one here Karen Bradley,worked with Mother T at the Home Office. She has NO interest in Leek Area.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/ambder-rudd-really-horrible/

This is what she thinks of her constituents in Hastings:

“You get people who are on benefits, who prefer to be on benefits by the seaside. They’re not moving down here to get a job, they’re moving down here to have easier access to friends and drugs and drink.”

So why did she go to Hastings to represent such awful plebs?
She explained that to her friends at the Financial Times as well:

“I wanted to be within two hours of London and I could see we were going to win it.”

According to the normally reliable CompanyCheck, as an MP Amber Rudd has constituted herself as a company, presumably for purposes of tax avoidance. That would of course give her a personal interest in low levels of corporation tax. But strangely Companies House itself has no company with the registration number given by CompanyCheck.

What Company House does have, however, are the records of Monticello PLC, a short lived company of which Rudd was a Director. It attracted many hundreds of investors who put money in, despite never appearing actually to do anything except pay its directors – presumably including Rudd. Trawling through its documents at Companies House, I find it difficult to conclude that it was ever anything other than a share ramping scheme designed to rip off its investors. After just over a year of existence it went bankrupt with over £1.2 million of debts and no important assets. I should be very interested if anybody can go through those records and come up with any different conclusion to mine.

Interestingly Amber Rudd’s father Tony, who died this week, had been debarred as a company director after being found to have asset stripped another investor vehicle, Greenbank Trust, and misused its assets to personal benefit. As with Emma Barnett, we again come across a wealthy Tory whose privileged upbringing was financed by the criminal behaviour of the wealthy.

It is a bit of a stretch to imagine that, nationally, Labour will get the 4.7% swing that would be needed to oust Rudd from Hastings. But perhaps it is not too much to hope that there may be a local revolt from the people she despises.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Corbyn and McDonnell campaigned for Remain, but now confirm that we will leave the EU under a Labour government.

Why would they too allow that to happen?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

“You get people who are on benefits, who prefer to be on benefits by the seaside. They’re not moving down here to get a job, they’re moving down here to have easier access to friends and drugs and drink.”

“I wanted to be within two hours of London and I could see we were going to win it.”

According to the normally reliable CompanyCheck, as an MP Amber Rudd has constituted herself as a company, presumably for purposes of tax avoidance. That would of course give her a personal interest in low levels of corporation tax. But strangely Companies House itself has no company with the registration number given by CompanyCheck.

What Company House does have, however, are the records of Monticello PLC, a short lived company of which Rudd was a Director. It attracted many hundreds of investors who put money in, despite never appearing actually to do anything except pay its directors – presumably including Rudd. Trawling through its documents at Companies House, I find it difficult to conclude that it was ever anything other than a share ramping scheme designed to rip off its investors. After just over a year of existence it went bankrupt with over £1.2 million of debts and no important assets. I should be very interested if anybody can go through those records and come up with any different conclusion to mine.

Interestingly Amber Rudd’s father Tony, who died this week, had been debarred as a company director after being found to have asset stripped another investor vehicle, Greenbank Trust, and misused its assets to personal benefit. As with Emma Barnett, we again come across a wealthy Tory whose privileged upbringing was financed by the criminal behaviour of the wealthy.

It is a bit of a stretch to imagine that, nationally, Labour will get the 4.7% swing that would be needed to oust Rudd from Hastings. But perhaps it is not too much to hope that there may be a local revolt from the people she despises.

Private Eye had several articles about Amber and Tony Rudd in it's In The City section over several issues, they made interesting reading, I can't recall all the exact details but there were numerous companies linked to Greenbank Trust where money was siphoned back and forth until it all "seemed " to run out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mind you, she has some cajones to stand up in front of assorted party leaders and an audience and say " Judge us on our record.... ":rotlf:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn and McDonnell campaigned for Remain, but now confirm that we will leave the EU under a Labour government.

Why would they too allow that to happen?

Rather like May, I suspect, they respect the will of the people, regardless of their own preference (and Corbyn and May were fairly similar luke warm remainers). There is something rather touching and English about that.

Only the libs seem intent on bucking the trend, although I'm not sure about their commitment.

However, accepting Brexit seems, to the two main leaders, a bit like accepting a diagnosis of terminal cancer. The odd thing is that only Corbyn has declared his bucket list. I suspect that in an imaginary world in which labour win the election, Starmer or whoever it is will find that no good deal can be had, with the bucket list unattainable, and labour would have to call another general election in 18 months with the sole aim of stopping the train crash. It won't come to that though since the tories will win the general election. Unless . . . . people sober up and realise that the hard Brexit sirens (and the ones on NSC do not care about any deal - probably typical) are in fact no more likely to lead us to a better world than the Medusa.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Don't be so stupid. She was not referring to local people at all. If you walk along St Leonards seafront, you will hear all sorts of accents. The group of dossers on the seafront form a very small minority, so your point that she despises local people is absurd.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On Hastings seafront earlier, at the bus stop opposite the pier we spotted this. After looking at it for 2 seconds, we then proceeded to ***s ourselves laughing for the next 28 before I managed composed myself to take a picture of it. It's outrageous and disgusting what these Tory Toffs do. I'm glad this has been highlighted to bus users in Hastings.

bus.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here