Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has promotion made me a plastic?

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
So, as a supporter since the 80's I have gone to games fairly regularly over the decades at The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer along with many away trips to lower league outposts. I have never wanted a ST as attending a game is something I do about every month. Promotion doesn't make me want to go to all the home games either so a ST is not really for me.

I assume home tickets will be hard to come by initially for PL games, and away tickets impossible, so I will be reduced to watching MOTD, watching in pubs, discussing 'how we got on at the weekend 'and reading gossip online.

Am I now officially plastic?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No, promotion hasn't made you a plastic. It must have been something else. :wink:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Don't quite think you've understood what 'plastic' means in relation to being a football fan.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, as a supporter since the 80's I have gone to games fairly regularly over the decades at The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer along with many away trips to lower league outposts. I have never wanted a ST as attending a game is something I do about every month. Promotion doesn't make me want to go to all the home games either so a ST is not really for me.

I assume home tickets will be hard to come by initially for PL games, and away tickets impossible, so I will be reduced to watching MOTD, watching in pubs, discussing 'how we got on at the weekend 'and reading gossip online.

You'll still get tickets.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

No, I can identify with your situation perfectly. Working every weekend until six years ago, and now working every other weekend, I really could not have had a ST but go to every game I can, and that has been the case from The Goldstone to the Amex. Where were you and I when we were crap? Right there, always were, always will be. We'll just have to fight hard for those PL tickets.......:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008

What's no to like about that :hilton:, fair play:thumbsup:, let the plastics have their day
regards
DR

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
One word of comfort to you in your hour of need. Stoke.

Thanks. Never been to the 'new' ground. My mum's from there and as a little kid sometimes went to the Victoria Ground with my Dad, when we were on visits to my grandparents. Not really hankering for a trip there anytime soon

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Well at least you can watch your favourite team every week on the box, what's not to like if you only make the occasional game anyway?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here