Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you upgrade a PS4 console?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The only thing you can upgrade is the hard drive. Pro version is just a gimmick as 95% of the internal parts are identical. Stick with the PS4 unless you really want to play VR games.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Forget the Pro version.
It has better GPU but still average CPU.

You'll get 4K but at 30fps in most cases, so what's the point.
Wait 18 months for the next one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
i agree, that was odd. i had just woken...

I just cant play consoles anymore. After you experience 100+hz gaming with adaptive V-sync either through Nvidia's G-Sync or AMD's FreeSync there is no going back. Console game play is just choppy and unplayable for me.
Ha, that sentence means absolutely nothing to me, which suggests anything more than a console would be wasted on me.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
i agree, that was odd. i had just woken...

I just cant play consoles anymore. After you experience 100+hz gaming with adaptive V-sync either through Nvidia's G-Sync or AMD's FreeSync there is no going back. Console game play is just choppy and unplayable for me.

Issue is the number of good exclusives to PS4 - Destiny and Bloodbourne are two examples

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That's true, but isn't a fair comparison. a P.C has a million more functions.

But in this scenario, we are talking purely from a gaming perspective.

If I want to buy and play games but I'm not fussed on having the best possible graphics and processing power (plus maybe don't have the funds to pay for that), the console is the better option imo.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
People still use Pc's for gaming? The last time I played a game on a pc was Fifa 95.

the P.C gaming market is bigger than consoles. it has overtaken it gradually over the past 5-10 years. consoles market: £6.6bn. PC market: £35.8bn

Edit: this figure is for gaming, not business sales of PC's

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yep, just get an Xbox.
OP said 'upgrade', Trig.

IMG_0726.PNG

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I like the Xbox exclusives, like Forza :shrug:

What has total sales got to do with it? The PS4 was cheaper, and they did a better job with marketing, so kids bough the PS.

I was only taking the piss though :)

Me too, I've owned both and liked both probably equally.
I own a switch now which is pretty shite since I've rinsed Zelda and Mario Kart.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here