Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Having seen this on the sky box sets thing, I thought I would give it a go.

Has anyone else watched the whole of the series?

I take it , it's a bit like someone read Lord of the Rings and thought they would add horrible violence and lots of nudity and fornication to it! I have only watched the first episode and already there is lots of boobies, bottoms, heads being chopped off, slashing throats, blood everwhere and some fruity language.

Not sure if it Mrs gaffer's thing really!

Is it worth sticking with it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I take it , it's a bit like someone read Lord of the Rings and thought they would add horrible violence and lots of nudity and fornication to it! I have only watched the first episode and already there is lots of boobies, bottoms, heads being chopped off, slashing throats, blood everwhere and some fruity language.

I sat down with Mrs DFP and we watched the first episode, she hated it and I didn't bother with it after that. Got chatting to a guy at work who is very much into it, said I should try it again, so I did. I watched every episode and cannot wait for the new series. The character development is key, once you get to know the stories and the character's histories it's epic. IMO.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's one of the best things on TV. Didn't like it when it first came out but I'm now hooked. Just re-watched seasons 1-6 for the new series in the summer.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
It starts slowly - introduces you to the characters and then BANG - a whole load of stuff happens and you can't get enough of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, definitely stick with it.

Fantastic show, can't wait for Series 7 to start in July.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought I would hate it. Can't usually stand fantasy and that sort of thing. Find Lord of the Rings incredibly dull. Finally watched GOT last year and loved it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I thought I would hate it. Can't usually stand fantasy and that sort of thing. Find Lord of the Rings incredibly dull. Finally watched GOT last year and loved it.

All of this. I found LotR tediously boring, but GoT is fantastic TV.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Exactly the same thing happened to us. The wife, who is generally less patient with these things, gave up so so did I after 3 episodes. but then we decided to have another go and shot through the whole series to date in a couple of months. loved it and can't wait to watch the new series when it comes out. I do think the first few episodes are a little hard work and you have to invest that time to reap the reward as it goes on. Watch the whole of the first series and if you don't immediately want to watch the start of the second series then it probably isn't for you.

I am going to struggle to watch the new series knowing there will be a gap of a week between each episode.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Best thing on tv - not really lord of the rings more politics of war of the roses, lots of visual violence, boobs, and wait for lots of major characters to die (normally in some gruesome way). I read the books before the tv series came out - they are also excellent. Role on the 17th July for next series

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I sat down with Mrs DFP and we watched the first episode, she hated it and I didn't bother with it after that. Got chatting to a guy at work who is very much into it, said I should try it again, so I did. I watched every episode and cannot wait for the new series. The character development is key, once you get to know the stories and the character's histories it's epic. IMO.

This. We gave it a second chance after giving up halfway through the first series - too many characters to remember! Made more sense second time round, and we got addicted. Very much an "anything can happen" story.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agreed with all the above. Brilliant. wathced the first seriois and got put off with the udity and violaence but was told to stick with it so got the box set. The nudity etc.. gets less after the first couple of series and story line inmproves. They have different directors every couple of shows in a series so each one has a slight diference and so keeps it alive and riviting IMO

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stick with it, it's epic stuff, the nudity and stuff settles down after a while. Easily my favourite thing on TV, I would literally pay my sky subscription for it alone.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My wife loves GOT. Generally speaking she hates anything I watch, so it must be doing something right. I think it's the best thing on the tellybox with the caveat that series 5 is shithouse.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

It took me a while to get into it but by Jove it's a cracking watch one of the best things on the box without a doubt

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here