Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Humble Pie Has Arrived - Anyone Deserving A Slice?

el punal

Well with the season just about done and dusted, apart from the playoff final, it's time for people to 'fess up and reveal their rant/moan/criticism of the Albion that have proved to be unfounded and unjustified.

I'll start, and come clean over my comments regarding Shane Duffy at the Newcastle away game. I thought he was pants and a waste of money. Oh how I was proved wrong.

I'll have my slice with some English mustard please.

Next person.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep, I will own up to thinking we should have cashed in on Dunk. His ability was never in question but his maturity on the pitch was. This season he has proved me wrong (to my delight) and been an inspirational player. His long-range passing has been phenomenal at times as well.

Forgive me Lewis, as I tuck into a slice....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very wobbly after the Forest game. Lasted about three days. Luckily no one noticed as the reaction on the We Are Brighton twitter feed was a bit more extreme :lolol:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Comments on Duffy to friends earns me a slice. He was poor in the Brentford game, and looked so out of harmony with the rest of the team. However, after a month or so it all started to fall into place.
It'll be interesting to see how our whole back 4 deal with the likes Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero next season

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Another Dunk-doubter here. I was expecting a rash of red cards and general stupidity on the pitch. Oh how wrong I was. Ketchup with my slice of pie please.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I said to several people that we'd struggle to make the playoffs because I was certain Newcastle would have won the league by Easter and Norwich wouldn't be far behind.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think I can quite honestly say I have come out with no howlers this season, however, this coming from someone that can't remember what they were doing two hours ago!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I though Tomori was awful in that first game versus Lincoln, would have been happy to pack his stuff up and send him back to Chelsea that day. Come the Villa game, he was the best player on the pitch, humble pie indeed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought we'd finish tenth at best.

I also spent too long being upset at not winning the title.

I will take an entire pie.

You can't. That's greedy. I need a decent slice for dumbing down our expectations for the season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Big slice needed for me - I was sure we'd win the league.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I expected our season to be the same as previous seasons and we would just miss out on promotion. Humble pie with custard please.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
No humble pie here.

Confident all season long:blush:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I've always been sceptical of re-signing ex Albion heroes, so was dubious when both Zamora, and then Murray, were hauled back, dusted off, and plonked in front of goal. I felt justified for the first couple of games where Murray to me looked a little, well, pants. And then he found his feet. And the back of the net. And now I just luurrrrrvve our Glen. Such a lovely smile, too.

Now, if anyone suggests re-signing Ulloa, well you know where you can stick that idea!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Thought play-offs at best, so happy to eat a slice.

I also thought Akpom might be a half decent addition to the squad too and chip in with a contribution to the final push...... :blush: :facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another sell Dunk merchant here, absolutely brilliant this season and got my vote for PotY.

Surprised nobody has offered up being wrong about Uwe, who did an amazing job from the moment he stepped in....... I was confident in his case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I though Tomori was awful in that first game versus Lincoln, would have been happy to pack his stuff up and send him back to Chelsea that day. Come the Villa game, he was the best player on the pitch, humble pie indeed.

I was feeling smug that I didn't have any reason to eat humble pie until I read this and remembered I'd thought the same.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Another sell Dunk merchant here, absolutely brilliant this season and got my vote for PotY.

Surprised nobody has offered up being wrong about Uwe, who did an amazing job from the moment he stepped in....... I was confident in his case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people were worried about Uwe... so I am going to share my slice with the 5000...(well 25000)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Doubted the Midfields Quality without Kayal, didnt think Sidders would be up to it for a full season, Proved wrong, all be it if we had lost Stephans for a sustained period of time I doubt we would be in the position we are. Sidders was also sublime and was on to be my player of the season for long parts.

I dont have a wife but if I did he could certainly shag her.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My slice of humble pie is regards Sam Baldock this season. Did n't rate him but he is better than I thought and can see what we missed when he was absent. He also scored some cracking goals when he did play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here