Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hospitality at Football - What have been your experiences?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Watching the Albion:

Wolves away 90/91. We came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2, the natives were very restless.

Hospitality? Do slightly crusty crunchy cheese and pickle sandwiches count?

Piped noise, brown smoked glass and no outside seats. Pretty terrible really.

Non Albion:

Old Trafford as a guest through my dad's business. My dad was in the main stand with his opposite number and I was in the Stretford End hospitality with his son for a ****ing dull 1-0 (Irwin penalty greeted by a chorus of "it's about effing time" by the locals). Think I managed my own body weight in bottles of Becks.

The Boleyn Ground: Got to meet Julian Dicks and Slavan Bilich post match. All a bit jellied eels and ale tbh.

Wembley: Bobby Moore club for work - simply excellent for hospitality but the football really does play second fiddle. Client's love it though.

Twickenham: again for work probably has the civilised edge to it over football because of no draconian laws around booze and ball watching but looking a bit tired now.

The Emirates: again through work as guests of clients who have box number one next to the directors box.

Excellent food/service/etc but makes the football experience way too sterile IMO.

Lords: Pretty much faultless as you'd expect.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
First and only hospitality I have experienced at the football was Leeds away this season on behalf of one of my suppliers from work.

Great day apart from the football!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here