Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just saw it. Very bright, came across for 3 or 4 minutes then disappeared I guess due to the loss of the sun's reflection.

Enjoyed that knowing people on board!

Amazing isn't it. Back again tomorrow at 7.40pm (visible for 4 mins) and 9.15pm (visible for 1 minute). I've been setting an alarm for it on Alexa :)

Its travelling at over 17,000mph, or 5 miles a second.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Amazing isn't it. Back again tomorrow at 7.40pm (visible for 4 mins) and 9.15pm (visible for 1 minute). I've been setting an alarm for it on Alexa :)

Its travelling at over 17,000mph, or 5 miles a second.

Same, just on my phone though. Looking forward to the Thursday one if it's supposed to be the best viewing of the week. Looks clear, too

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I live in West Wales so does it go East - west or west - east and will I see it at the same time, a tad earlier or later? How long is a tad!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watched it last night and half way across the sky it vanished. Thought I'd witnessed the end of the ISS until logic kicked in. Over the horizon of the sun.
Remember this a few years back on Xmas Eve telling Granddaughter it was Father Christmas.
On a not so similar vein. Anyone been on an aircraft with internet and tracked their own flight on FlightRadar24. Done it recently. No guessing what you are over.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I live in West Wales so does it go East - west or west - east and will I see it at the same time, a tad earlier or later? How long is a tad!

in space terms a 'tad' is approximately 8.182 x 10 to the power of 6,128

or something like that

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excuse my ignorance/stupidity but is it possible to see with the naked eye??

Quite easily, especially as currently there are no aircraft, so it'll be the only thing you see moving in the sky. Last night it was just to the left of Venus (the really bright looking "star") as it came over, so if you're looking in that direction you won't miss it. It basically resembles a shooting star, but slower.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Alexa is primed at 7:35

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Nice one, cheers for the reminder - Clear view from SE London.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am beyond fuxking excited

0E319B74-91A7-4E32-8D2A-E16F98DF4909.jpeg

That was an incredible sight, even though the picture doesn’t give it justice...it was bloody amazing.

It’s next to Venus.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Crew are in the safest place in the universe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here