Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw it again tonight. Bit harder to see due to my street light. Still good view out in my back garden.

image.jpeg

Very good view from my garden, must have been flying very low over Newhaven tonight. :smile: :moo:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
oh wow, just watched that, really clear in my back garden

if nothing else 5 minutes distraction from the looming horrible decisions that are going to have to be made in next few days

my business (my 40 year plus graft, and potential pension) has gone from 2M turnover to a run rate of sweet zilch.

i’m worried sick for me and the Mrs, worried sick for my loyal staff, many of whom rely on us, who have nothing in the bank apart from the next pay cheque an credit card bill, my wonderful customers who may need to make a judgement call as to if they stand by us or switch to another provider.

To top all that with dread, hearing family in IU on ventilator, elderly parents relying more and more on me. Aunt and Uncle whom I have POA for, in in care and has days to go, and his wife who at 95 is about to become a widow and can’t have visitor’s

my head is in a whirl, I feel torn in every direction, please, next time anyone thinks or posts about their greedy, selfish, in it for them only boss, just spare a thought for what we sometimes go through.

I’d love to run away right this moment, but can’t. I love someone to come in and tell me what was happening so the horrid decisions have been made for me. But, hey, I put myself in this place and so I have to dig even deeper that ever.

This is most likely not the place to post this one, but standing in the garden looking miles into space has just left me needing to tell someone where I am. Sorry all, it’s just me.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Please excuse my ignorance, but what and where exactly am I looking out for? I was out in my garden looking west for the 9.13 passing but couldn't see anything. I've never seen one though, so not sure exactly what to be looking out for...?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
oh wow, just watched that, really clear in my back garden

if nothing else 5 minutes distraction from the looming horrible decisions that are going to have to be made in next few days

my business (my 40 year plus graft, and potential pension) has gone from 2M turnover to a run rate of sweet zilch.

i’m worried sick for me and the Mrs, worried sick for my loyal staff, many of whom rely on us, who have nothing in the bank apart from the next pay cheque an credit card bill, my wonderful customers who may need to make a judgement call as to if they stand by us or switch to another provider.

To top all that with dread, hearing family in IU on ventilator, elderly parents relying more and more on me. Aunt and Uncle whom I have POA for, in in care and has days to go, and his wife who at 95 is about to become a widow and can’t have visitor’s

my head is in a whirl, I feel torn in every direction, please, next time anyone thinks or posts about their greedy, selfish, in it for them only boss, just spare a thought for what we sometimes go through.

I’d love to run away right this moment, but can’t. I love someone to come in and tell me what was happening so the horrid decisions have been made for me. But, hey, I put myself in this place and so I have to dig even deeper that ever.

This is most likely not the place to post this one, but standing in the garden looking miles into space has just left me needing to tell someone where I am. Sorry all, it’s just me.

A lot of people feeling like this at the moment mate. It’s all pretty grim, isn’t it?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Please excuse my ignorance, but what and where exactly am I looking out for? I was out in my garden looking west for the 9.13 passing but couldn't see anything. I've never seen one though, so not sure exactly what to be looking out for...?

This... nearly as bright as Venus which is the brightest thing in the west.
Edit -sorry couldn’t add video!

Moves slowly across the sky - there’s no planes up there so pretty much the only thing that’s moving to the naked eye.

Attachments

• trim.643D36A6-117B-4FA5-BF19-F091A92C3E8F.MOV
    123.9 KB
Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Think it is because it will almost be directly overhead (83 degrees, 90 being directly overhead)

This

plus

sightings closer to sunset and sunrise can be brighter as there's more sunlight reflecting off of the station (this really needs a picture)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I watched the first one this evening and called my Daughters to get them to take a look with their kids, which they did. They enjoyed spotting it then watching knowing there are people aboard.
I tried to watch the second but I'm not too certain whether I saw it. It seemed to appear, start coming across the sky then disappear in to the shadow of something. I was expecting it to stay low and take a low arc but it was central in the sky?

I've watched it before but this was a nice long exposure and bright too. I'll watch more this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here