Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone want to see a space station?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just seen the ISS and Dragon.....jeez the Dragon was fast......or maybe just seemed fast, was very hard to find as its not quite dark, but thanks to Meteorwatch.org i knew exactly when and where to watch.....also needed binos to see the dragon....ISS was ok with naked eye.....

First time in my few years of watching Ive actually managed to see a rocket..

Just seen the ISS and Dragon.....jeez the Dragon was fast......or maybe just seemed fast, was very hard to find as its not quite dark, but thanks to Meteorwatch.org i knew exactly when and where to watch.....also needed binos to see the dragon....ISS was ok with naked eye.....

First time in my few years of watching Ive actually managed to see a rocket..

Yes...it was tiny, went under the Moon, just where the ISS passed and was darting across, moving in stages, I think that's due to the speed it's moving at and the image travelling down to earth.

TommyJ

Nov 26, 2020
Yep

It's a bloody mind ****. So out of our space system/solar system, there are millions/billions of other galaxy's, what is there? Is there an edge to these universes? Where does a black hole take you? It is a complete mind fu*k but absolutely incredible at the same time.

I absolutely agree that space travel is still mind-blowing. And yes, indeed, not many people are interested in this topic enough to know at least that there are already more than 40 private space companies. Not all of them are as famous as the ones discussed here. But, believe me, their contribution to the development of humanity and knowledge is no less significant. You reproach that smart people are not interested in the development of space technologies. What do you know about space companies, besides what's in the headlines?

I absolutely agree that space travel is still mind-blowing. And yes, indeed, not many people are interested in this topic enough to know at least that there are already more than 40 private space companies. Not all of them are as famous as the ones discussed here. But, believe me, their contribution to the development of humanity and knowledge is no less significant. You reproach that smart people are not interested in the development of space technologies. What do you know about space companies, besides what's in the headlines?

I know there are a couple of private space companies, but not 40!

TommyJ

Nov 26, 2020
Yep

I know there are a couple of private space companies, but not 40!

In addition to SpaceX, Origin, and Amazon, which, taking into account the plan for launching 3,200 of its own satellites, can also be considered a space company, there are many more small startups, many of which have already grown into completely self-sufficient companies. The market is growing. There are more customers than just the state and the growth will only continue.
Orbital, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, Sierra Nevada Corporation, The Nova Project Exploration, Boeing, Firefly Aerospace, Rocket Lab, and many others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here