Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Asphalte

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Spotted in London yesterday, flying the flag for GOSBTS...

Now that's a premium job for a roofing company! :clap2:

IMG_7287.JPG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know it's route one but if they do not have - 'Where do you get your Asphalt?' on the side of their van they are dead to me!!

Now this brings about an interesting anomaly for me. At the Amex there are two seperate advertising signs, one in the south west corner advertising Sussex Asphalte, and another in front of the north stand for Southern Asphalt.

Now which is the correct spelling, asphalte? or asphalt? I would of thought the latter.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Now this brings about an interesting anomaly for me. At the Amex there are two seperate advertising signs, one in the south west corner advertising Sussex Asphalte, and another in front of the north stand for Southern Asphalt.

Now which is the correct spelling, asphalte? or asphalt? I would of thought the latter.

A good question. Over the years have been involved with both companies and never thought about the difference.

However, it appears asphalte is more a French word and usage, although Google use it for showing a range of photos.

Most British companies use Asphalt.

Perhaps Sussex Asphalte, who are a cracking company, use Asphalte to stand out.

As a slight diversion, Sussex Asphalte, a Portslade company, had the moving adverts around the pitch last season. Doubt we will see same next season with the enormous cost for being in the Premier.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A good question. Over the years have been involved with both companies and never thought about the difference.

However, it appears asphalte is more a French word and usage, although Google use it for showing a range of photos.

As a slight diversion, Sussex Asphalte, a Portslade company, had the moving adverts around the pitch last season. Doubt we will see same next season with the enormous cost for being in the Premier.

Your right, I imagine a lot of the advertising signage for tha smaller local independent companies will all but disappear. Shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This s my favourite local rubbish clearance company ever, on account of the photo alone. Plus I can confirm they they do a WELL decent job :thumbsup:

$_86.JPG

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Your right, I imagine a lot of the advertising signage for tha smaller local independent companies will all but disappear. Shame.

I think it's been said that for next season the cost of the digitally moving adverts will remain the same price for existing customers. A massive price increase for new customers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here