Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military called in ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I recall the same happening after Twin Towers and London Bombings.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Military if critical declared which has been

I can only see this as a good thing.

We, as a country, have made the decision not to have our Plod routinely armed, and that is something I happen to agree with.

We also have thousands of men and women highly trained in the art of killing other men and women, with guns.

It could be argued that we have indeed changed our way of life because of Terrorism, but I’m afraid the moment the muzzy extremists deliberately targeted our children a line was crossed, things are now different.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
agree totally -resist force with extreme force- we should have plans to stop the bombers going to heaven-maybe they would think twice if the route was blocked after death-they've given up on their god by their actions anyway

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can only see this as a good thing.

We, as a country, have made the decision not to have our Plod routinely armed, and that is something I happen to agree with.

We also have thousands of men and women highly trained in the art of killing other men and women, with guns.

It could be argued that we have indeed changed our way of life because of Terrorism, but I’m afraid the moment the muzzy extremists deliberately targeted our children a line was crossed, things are now different.

I agree, a good thing. As long as our service men and women are backed by the Government, if things do get noisy,and are not prosecuted for any rightful actions they take.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Is your question a genuine attempt at discovering the truth or a shameless bit of General Election campaigning ?

A genuine question. As for the G/E I will do one of two things either spoil the ballot or vote for the Save the Hospital candidate in Leek Staffordshire Moorlands constituency.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I couldn't help but notice looking at the pictures today that the police seem to have far more impressive looking weapons than the soldiers that have been deployed. Anyone know if there is a reason for this ? Are the police's weapons designed for a different use to the soldiers ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I couldn't help but notice looking at the pictures today that the police seem to have far more impressive looking weapons than the soldiers that have been deployed. Anyone know if there is a reason for this ? Are the police's weapons designed for a different use to the soldiers ?

ACAB

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I agree, a good thing. As long as our service men and women are backed by the Government, if things do get noisy,and are not prosecuted for any rightful actions they take.

I hope they have given them ammo!We used to have our weapons on this type of duty,but empty magazines!:eek:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
JTAC might be independent but the decision to deploy troops is with the government.

As a part of a well thought through strategic plan agreed a couple of years ago. Armed Police are deployed in areas of risk and service personnel take over manning the areas that routinely have armed patrols.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
As a part of a well thought through strategic plan agreed a couple of years ago. Armed Police are deployed in areas of risk and service personnel take over manning the areas that routinely have armed patrols.

Even so, the JTAC set the risk level and it's the government who decide whether to deploy the armed forces or not. What point are you trying to make?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the police weapon is probably MP5 which is designed for shorter range in smaller confines, with a bunch of sights and laser bolted on and since they are trained in dealing with incidents in crowds and buildings, they're much more suited to a terrorist scenerio. army will have SA80 designed for range out in the fields of europe.

thanks, that makes sense of comment i heard about army back filling armed police.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolute tokenism and it probably installs as much fear as reassurance. But we live in an age where demonstrable action must happen. If it's not visible it's not happened. Everyone's a critic and if Govt didn't do this then I guess there'd be an outcry from the MP for Twitter & South Facebook.

the police weapon is probably MP5 which is designed for shorter range in smaller confines, with a bunch of sights and laser bolted on and since they are trained in dealing with incidents in crowds and buildings, they're much more suited to a terrorist scenerio. army will have SA80 designed for range out in the fields of europe.

thanks, that makes sense of comment i heard about army back filling armed police.
The Police also have the G36C assault rifle which uses the same 5.56mm round as the Army's L85a2.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here