Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Mourinho's press conference

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Somewhat bizarre happenings at Old Trafford after yesterday's game. Whilst the Man Utd players were still on the pitch and all but a couple of the press corps were still in the stand, he went to the press room for his post-match press conference.

It didn't take very long...

[tweet]866368575459741697[/tweet]

Tapatalk link: https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/866368575459741697

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Somewhat bizarre happenings at Old Trafford after yesterday's game. Whilst the Man Utd players were still on the pitch and all but a couple of the press corps were still in the stand, he went to the press room for his post-match press conference.

Any other manager it would be bizarre but for him non

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
After his recent conduct, he is going to look such a massive nob if they don't win on Wednesday.

Come on Ajax!

SAC

May 21, 2014
Press conferences are a pile of :shit: anyway. Not just his but all of them. The FA make it so that any manager who speaks his mind gets a fine so they are bland and have become pointless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good for him.

He is quite miserable these days, just seems unhappy at Man Utd.

Forgetting, the physio thing, I quite like him and look forward to seeing his team at the Amex.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
After his recent conduct, he is going to look such a massive nob if they don't win on Wednesday.

Come on Ajax!

I don't think I've ever encountered a game where, as a neutral, I've wanted one team to win more than another.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair no one asked him a question!

I really can't understand why no-one DID ask a question. Even if it was "Why are you holding a press conference when hardly any press are here?"

Can't stand the guy nowadays. Nor can I stand the way that the managers and their personalities seem to be becoming a growing part of football and the actual clubs they manage!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmm. Easy as it is to slate Jose all the time, think I'd be looking at the journalists who weren't there.

It's one of the main parts of the day, even more so with a major European final looming. Why weren't they all there?

You have an erratic manager whose actions cannot be predicted, when the final whistle goes, get down to the press conference area. Watching players on a lap of appreciation does little or nothing for your report(s).

Let's be honest, he might have done the same with a full room, but I doubt it.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Everything that Chris Hughton isn't.

Is he? Maybe as a personality, extrovert (Mourinho) vs introvert (our Chris), but in part I would imagine that is just a coping mechanism for getting on for 20 years of almost non stop media attention. Apart from that, both share a steely determination to make the club they are working for successful and have rarely, if ever, failed to do that, albeit at different levels of the game. And, by all accounts, devoted family men whose private lives are kept just that, private.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmm. Easy as it is to slate Jose all the time, think I'd be looking at the journalists who weren't there.

It's one of the main parts of the day, even more so with a major European final looming. Why weren't they all there?

You have an erratic manager whose actions cannot be predicted, when the final whistle goes, get down to the press conference area. Watching players on a lap of appreciation does little or nothing for your report(s).

Let's be honest, he might have done the same with a full room, but I doubt it.

Is he? Maybe as a personality, extrovert (Mourinho) vs introvert (our Chris), but in part I would imagine that is just a coping mechanism for getting on for 20 years of almost non stop media attention. Apart from that, both share a steely determination to make the club they are working for successful and have rarely, if ever, failed to do that, albeit at different levels of the game. And, by all accounts, devoted family men whose private lives are kept just that, private.

Fair points.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Press conferences are a pile of :shit: anyway. Not just his but all of them. The FA make it so that any manager who speaks his mind gets a fine so they are bland and have become pointless.

And if they DON'T give one then they're fined and subject to other punishment in line with failing to meet media duty obligations.

Utterly bizarre how cosseted the Premier League is with its odd ball rules.

To be frank I couldn't give a tinker's cuss about what any manager or player says after a game these days because you never get the actual truth.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Come on Ajax!

Indeed.

Worth noting too, that for all the hype about United's 'team of youngsters' yesterday, the average age of that novelty United side would STILL have been higher than that of the team Ajax will field in the FINAL.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't mind him, he is without doubt a good manager, but he has lost his humour over the years. In the early days at Chelsea he used to have a glint in his eye and could be quite funny. He seems to have lost that and seems very incredibly serious now. He does moan a lot, granted. I still hope they win the final though.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Were they actually journalists in there?! You'd think, JM almost all to yourself, you'd ask as many questions as you could, about anything - opportunity wasted.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
He is quite miserable these days, just seems unhappy at Man Utd.

This is a surprise considering how desperate he was to manage Man U. It is an open secret that he spoke to a Spanish journalist in tears when he was passed over for the job in favour of David Moyes...Apparently it has been his ambition since he started out in management to take over at Old Trafford.

When Mourinho first came to England he was brilliant, often amusing with his own brand of self-confidence. However, when he went back to Stamford Bridge Jose returned a different man, as now he is just a serial whinger and comes across as a total tool.

I hope Ajax royally stuff them in the UEFA Cup Final.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here