Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of your friends/family Premier League supporting teams have given you.......

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
the most aggro/support since we've gained promotion?

Most of my friends/family (who support other Premier League teams, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man. U, Man. City, etc.) seem to be genuinely delighted that we have got there!
(Is that so that they can cadge tickets of us?)
so that's nice :)

Lots of banter with my Palace supporting friends, and mostly good natured, but I think that may change when the fixtures are announced!

Who so for you?

Jul 7, 2003
1 x bitter Leeds fan (I know they are not PL but they still think they are), 2 x very magnanimous Newcastle fans. Mostly people asking how to get a season ticket so that they can watch the other teams play against the Albion. Someone said to me the waiting list for a new season ticket is around the 5000 person mark now.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
To date, nobody. Even though I am surrounded by Liverpool and Everton fans at work - they are all too scared.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Most my mates support Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, West ham and most of them hate Brighton. Strange as every single one of them are Brighton born and bread. Most have also been very jealous of our success.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
My wee sister who was born and raised in Hove but has lived in Wimbledon for the past 20 years announced to me many years ago that she was a Chelsea supporter - I laughed in her face - we haven't spoken much since.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
the most aggro/support since we've gained promotion?

Most of my friends/family (who support other Premier League teams, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man. U, Man. City, etc.) seem to be genuinely delighted that we have got there!
(Is that so that they can cadge tickets of us?)
so that's nice :)

Lots of banter with my Palace supporting friends, and mostly good natured, but I think that may change when the fixtures are announced!

Who so for you?

I just don't get this "get tickets" thing. I am a ST holder and have been for decades but in no better position to buy an extra ticket than someone who had never been to a game in their life. Do they think we get extra complimentary seats to use as we see fit?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
1 bitter twisted Leeds supporter ( lives near Chichester and never seen them live), messages me every day saying ' Little BHA ' will be relegated by christmas.....
and pearls of wisdom like Stockdale wants to play for Leeds because they are a bigger club than 'Little BHA'.and 'Little BHA' are not big enough for the Premier.( alas it seems Leeds are also not big enough)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1 bitter twisted Leeds supporter ( lives near Chichester and never seen them live), messages me every day saying ' Little BHA ' will be relegated by christmas.....
and pearls of wisdom like Stockdale wants to play for Leeds because they are a bigger club than 'Little BHA'.and 'Little BHA' are not big enough for the Premier.( alas it seems Leeds are also not big enough)

Is he 12 years old?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Has he got Cock issues?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
All of my football friends are very pleased we've got promoted!

Back in October I had a bet with 3 colleagues that we'd get promoted. As a consequence I have a Spurs fan drinking from an Arsenal mug, an Arsenal fan drinking from a Spurs mug, and a Liverpool fan drinking from a Man United mug! Thankfully I'm still drinking from my Brighton mug!!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I do not give them my ear space .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All of my football friends are very pleased we've got promoted!

Same here:
Leeds and Man City fans at work sought me out to shake my hand.
Two Newcastle fans at work very congratulatory, and despite them winning the title are envious of us as we have CH.
Sunderland fan at work shaking his head and asking me how we let Newcastle win the title.
Meal out tonight at father-in-law's expense - partly as a 'prize' for promotion.
Brother-in-law congratulated me and is promising tickets for Man Utd (although whether I want to go in the home end.....)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Spurs and Watford neighbours either side, wish Albion to do well.
At my work, QPR, Brentford, Arsenal and YES a Palarse fan, all genuinely hope we'll do well.
Watford fan in my local sports shop, surrounded by London PL paraphenalia thinks we'll do okay.

Spurs supporting fans in family, suddenly interested in visiting :lolol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was talking on the phone with a Boro supporting colleague but he slipped and fell off the phone. He dropped down a level and I was able to step up a level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here