Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Shoreham Pubs

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Hi all,

Off few a few beers in Shoreham next week and would welcome any suggestions. Going by train so reckon to start in Buckingham Arms and go from there, ideally via Duke of Wellington but appreciate it's heading away from the main group of pubs. Any reccommendations (and where to avoid) appreciated.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hi all,

Off few a few beers in Shoreham next week and would welcome any suggestions. Going by train so reckon to start in Buckingham Arms and go from there, ideally via Duke of Wellington but appreciate it's heading away from the main group of pubs. Any reccommendations (and where to avoid) appreciated.

Sounds like you have started early :drink:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crown & Anchor is Harveys

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My dad and his brother went to Shoreham every Saturday night while mum was working. The usual program was 7pm train to Shoreham. Into the Buckingham then down to The Marlipins before going back to The Crab and catch the 9.25 train home. Then in The Central for 1 up to the Jolly Brewers and then finish up in The Clifton at 10.40 before going home,. How times change but that was 25_+ years ago.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Crown & Anchor is usually where I'll have a drink or two if I'm in Shoreham.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yep, good food and friendly, off the main drag. Popped in the Suters Yard for one, no atmosphere and had a crap pint.

I have never been for a pint in Shoreham, but it looks like a decent place to drink.
Anywhere that does the ales you listed is good with me.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We always pop into The Duke Of Wellington when we're up - friendly and has a huge range of beers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Tiz a fine drinking town. Lived there for 3 years just off the High street and took in most of the pubs. You can have a great crawl round but It was 5 years ago so my data will be out of date now.

theboybilly

Tiz a fine drinking town. Lived there for 3 years just off the High street and took in most of the pubs. You can have a great crawl round but It was 5 years ago so my data will be out of date now.

Nothing much will have changed in that time although the Lazy Toad has become 'Piston Broke'. That was enough to put me off for ages but I gave it a go and it's not the worst place I've drank in - but I wouldn't go out of my way to stop off there. The Bridge and the Crabtree (both Fullers pubs) rely on accomodation/food sales. Over the bridge towards Lancing the Royal Coach is now the Longshore which is a Marston's foodie pub. It's alright if you want cheapish grub

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here