Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Kewell - Crawley manager!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Crawley Town are poised to confirm Harry Kewell as their new manager.

Reds have lined up the former Leeds United and Liverpool forward to replace Dermot Drummy, who was sacked two weeks ago.

Kewell – who played in two World Cups for Australia – is expected to be unveiled by the League Two club next week.

It will be the 38-year-old’s first job in senior management since calling time on a glittering playing career three years ago which saw him win the Champions League and FA Cup with Liverpool.

He was appointed as coach of Watford under-21s in July 2015 after completing his UEFA A licence but was axed last month following a poor run of results.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Hope he's got an experienced Assistant or head coach going in with him or he'll last a season as well. L2 will be a tough baptism without a guiding hand.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Crawley Town owner Ziya Eren in a Q&A in the Crawley Echo

“I want someone who actually knows the town, the fans, the expectation and the club"

Harry Kewell ?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

“I want someone who actually knows the town, the fans, the expectation and the club"

Harry Kewell ?

I'll have you know that I have it on good authority that Kewell is a regular at the Crawley Hollywood Bowl.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Harry Kewell ?

It's actually in the Australian Tourist Board's guide to England as the must-see place to be.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nice Nice guy is Harry Kewell . I hope he succeeds there

The trouble is, 'nice' guys so rarely do succeed in football club management, (exceptions of course, our very own Chris Hughton being one), the fact he was so successful as a player won't help him either.

His failure with the Under 21 squad at Watford is a worry too, but hey everyone has to start somewhere, and I very much hope he proves me wrong, and succeeds where various recent Crawley managers have failed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here