Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the PL ever get its first female referee?

Will the PL ever get its first female referee?

• Total voters

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think it'll be inevitable we will see female referees in the top flight, a good thing I think :thumbsup:
I know there is assistant ref, Sean Massey-Ellis, but will there be full time female refs?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course there will be.

In my place of work, the gender balance has changed completely in the last 30 years. It is far more civilised now as a consequence, and the cock waving knob headery that used to permeate every working day has gone. And this was at a Russell group university, not an oil rig.

I can't see the equivalent of Roy Keane and Gary Neville pointing, prodding and shouting at a female ref so she is forced to back away all the way to the touchline. They would just look like the ***** they are. And she would not have any qualms flourishing reds (unlike the refs of the past who seemed to think it a weakness to be unable to front up a player).

Bring it on. Some will sneer at it from their seat in the snug at the rusty bell, and varous other old schoolers will mutter that the game has now become fully nancified, but the 1970s are gone, gone gone.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think it'll be inevitable we will see female referees in the top flight, a good thing I think :thumbsup:
I know there is assistant ref, Sean Massey-Ellis, but will there be full time female refs?

Who will explain the offside rule to them.:shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, as eventually it has to happen. next poll, " will man ever travel to Mars"

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
She looks quite fit

820.jpeg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am not sexist but questions need to be asked.
Will she be allowed to leave her handbag in one of the goals?
Will there be any camel toe and pokies?
Will she wear those sexy long socks up to just over the knee?
Will she have to sit on a wall and miss 1 match per month ?
Will she be allowed to wear sunglasses on top of her head ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We seem to be moving into a world of gender equality but at the same time outrage if a woman is spoken to with the extremes of contempt we are capable of if she were a man.

Imagine if Dean was female :)eek:), where would the line be drawn on abuse before the regulatory PC twits stick their oar in and peg us all as sexist bigots simply because we all think she's a naff referee?

It will happen though so I guess we'll find out.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Not bothered in the slightest. Is he or she competent? That's all that matters. Physical fitness is the only thing that is a slight concern for me. I do however have the same worry for some of the existing referees.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We seem to be moving into a world of gender equality but at the same time outrage if a woman is spoken to with the extremes of contempt we are capable of if she were a man.

Imagine if Dean was female :)eek:), where would the line be drawn on abuse before the regulatory PC twits stick their oar in and peg us all as sexist bigots simply because we all think she's a naff referee?

It will happen though so I guess we'll find out.

This is the issue for me. I am all for gender equality and see absolutely no reason why females should not be referees. However, as soon as fans start hurling abuse (as all refs get) then it will be deemed sexist and that she is only getting abuse cause she is female.

If we want true equality then all for females refs but they should expect to be called a cheating **** on a regular basis too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here