Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going in the home section for some games next year ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Most tickets will go straight away so you're gonna have to have decent points total to get them. Will you go in the home for certain away games ? I won't be missing seeing us play Everton, Chelsea or United, so its home end for me. Will people start doing this for the bigger teams away ?

(Let's not descend this in to "what about the smaller teams away ?"), there's enough threads about that stuff.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Most tickets will go straight away so you're gonna have to have decent points total to get them. Will you go in the home for certain games ? I won't be missing seeing us play Everton, Chelsea or United, so its home end for me. Will people start doing this for the bigger teams away ?

(Let's not descend this in to "what about the smaller teams away ?"), there's enough threads about that stuff.
Short of paying a small fortune through legal touts like Ticketmaster, how are you planning on getting tickets for these massively oversubscribed teams?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Short of paying a small fortune through legal touts like Ticketmaster, how are you planning on getting tickets for these massively oversubscribed teams?

Touts outside for united is easy. Everton won't sell out for home so should be ok, Chelsea maybe a bit harder but remember if certain teams fans aren't gonna push themselves to go to a game it will be for teams like us, so hopefully providing more opportunities to get in. And not even Man City fans turn up for Man City games !

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter's boyfriend is a Man U fan (they live in Manchester) and he thinks he can ponce some tickets off friends who are Man U STHs on the grounds that Brighton isn't exactly their most eagerly-anticipated home game of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Touts outside for united is easy. Everton won't sell out for home so should be ok, Chelsea maybe a bit harder but remember if certain teams fans aren't gonna push themselves to go to a game it will be for teams like us, so hopefully providing more opportunities to get in. And not even Man City fans turn up for Man City games !

Think you need to remember that for next season at least, Brighton will be a new attraction for most Premier League fans, so possibly quite a big draw.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How easy is it to get tickets in the home end for United or Chelsea?
My guess is that won't be easy either.

Man united/Liverpool sell all games from the start of the season except the bigger games.

It maybe worth looking at the sites once the fixtures come out of this is what you intend to do

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Think you need to remember that for next season at least, Brighton will be a new attraction for most Premier League fans, so possibly quite a big draw.

Much as I'd like that to be the case, other teams fans won't be killing themselves to see us play, unless we sign a well known player for millions which won't happen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've stood in the home end at Goodison - it was an, er, interesting experience. Half the people around me wanted to kick my head in and the other half thought fair play to me for being there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nope. I've never, not once, wanted to sit in the other teams stands.

This, it's not worth the effort surely? The whole point in away games is jumping around in unbridled joy on the odd occasion when you get a goal/win. Think I'd rather watch on telly than in the home end... and I don't like watching on telly much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope. I've never, not once, wanted to sit in the other teams stands.

This, it's not worth the effort surely? The whole point in away games is jumping around in unbridled joy on the odd occasion when you get a goal/win. Think I'd rather watch on telly than in the home end... and I don't like watching on telly much.

This really.

I've done it before, and frankly its a bit rubbish. Sitting on your hands when we score and missing the joy of a proper shared celebration is crap, and being IN their wild celebrations for scoring against us is crapper.

No appeal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Really? You'll travel 200 or 300 miles to go and sit in a pub to watch the game on telly? I'd much rather watch a game live - even if it means going into the home end. I've seen six games from the home end and it's a very different experience ... wouldn't like to do it too often though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Really? You'll travel 200 or 300 miles to go and sit in a pub to watch the game on telly? I'd much rather watch a game live - even if it means going into the home end. I've seen six games from the home end and it's a very different experience ... wouldn't like to do it too often though.

No, I'd rather travel 0 miles and watch on telly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Just been talking to a Chelsea STH who didn't even know we're in the PL next season. People got to remember these PL fans are a different species and don't give a damn outside winning all the time and top 4 / European fixtures. There is nothing exciting in us playing them next season, many will not use their STs for our game and be happy to sell to others.

Think of PL as a different sport altogether like F1 or Golf and you're half way to understanding it. Mistake to compare with EFL :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've stood in the home end at Goodison - it was an, er, interesting experience. Half the people around me wanted to kick my head in and the other half thought fair play to me for being there.

Yes, but it was rather rash of you to be wearing a red shirt :)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Did that at West Ham when they played Liverpool in 1983.

I was there to see Michael Robinson and he scored a hatrick.

I was with my wife to be and it was friendly tbh - we were swapping mints and sweets with the locals. Probably wouldn't have been so friendly had I been alone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here