Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA to approve retrospective action for diving

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
More bad news for Forestieri

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

Players who dive in English football could face bans from next season.

The Football Association will vote on retrospective action at its annual general meeting on Thursday and is expected to approve the proposal.

The governing body would need the backing of the Premier League, the English Football League and the Professional Footballers' Association to introduce the rule change.

But it is understood they are broadly supportive and already in agreement.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Wilfried-Zaha-667421.jpg
15315021-large.jpg
Crystal-Palace-796454.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess AK needs to watch out, as does Skalak.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7942439 said:
Big Sam has already branded the ban "Utter Rubbish" :lolol: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39963445

Totally agree with Sam here, to be honest. Palace have been penalized for diving on a few occasions in recent months and all of them have been incorrect decisions. Meanwhile, Andros Townsend dived against Arsenal and won the penalty which we scored to put the game to bed at 3-0. If we're going to have retrospective action, it should work both ways. If we had video referees for penalty decisions last season, Zaha would've won half a dozen more penalties than he actually did.

I wonder why he's so bothered about it :lol: If he managed any other team he'd probably say it was great and about time.

Referees were not kind at all to Palace in terms of awarding penalties last season. The amount of penalties mistakenly not awarded far outweighs the amount of penalties that shouldn't have been given. Fouls on Zaha in particular were constantly missed, see the 2-1 defeat at home to Swansea, the 4-2 defeat to Liverpool, or the 3-2 defeat to West Brom in which we were denied not one but two penalties in each. Games against Middlesborough, Burnley, Watford, etc. off the top of my head were also games in which referees missed blatant fouls in the box.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
it's the he was touched/ there was contact brigade that do my head in.... therefore its a pen or a foul.... bloody rubbish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here