Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forestieri

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't get why so many people don't like him? Cocked up a penalty when they were 11vs10 at the Amex, then cocked up another one to send Wednesday crashing out of the playoffs. I think he's a top man, very harshly criticized by some on here...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't get why so many people don't like him? Cocked up a penalty when they were 11vs10 at the Amex, then cocked up another one to send Wednesday crashing out of the playoffs. I think he's a top man, very harshly criticized by some on here...

If you've never noticed how much he dives and cheats, and I mean off the scale, then I can understand why you might post this.

Last night he was at his worst most of the game. He is arguably the worst offender in the league. We're no angels, but no where near the standard of this serial actor.

....Oh hang on, I think I might be seeing what you've done there. :whistle:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
image.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he'd be getting dog's abuse on Owlstalk for missing the pen but he's not - Rhodes seems to be the main target.

The consensus is that he's on the way out: would we want him down here? I wouldn't, he's a good player but seems a bit of a cock

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I used to think he's very overated, a bit like McCormmack. But last night I realised that he doesn't really full in to that category now. Just isn't rated

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I thought he'd be getting dog's abuse on Owlstalk for missing the pen but he's not - Rhodes seems to be the main target.

The consensus is that he's on the way out: would we want him down here? I wouldn't, he's a good player but seems a bit of a cock

Cairney and Johansen please.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's a classic dive and harass the referee player for me. If he's not on the floor, he's following the ref around, in the ref's ear about how horribly he's been treated.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Not having heard this for a while, personally I think he's a cock juggling thunder ****

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He is a cheating, niggly CJTC, but he does score some sweet goals.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fishing 101 - calling Forestieri a "top man" is nowhere near subtle enough. Misunderstood or not that bad would have worked better.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Add to this the refusal to play until he got more money and coming into training on a bicycle to prove how skint he is. What a bell end

When he's on form he's very good player. But I have sympathy for the Wednesday fans over his refusal to play. Granted he signed a new contract etc, but he really seemed to throw his toys out of the pram with that. In some respects though he's made his own awkward bed and now has to lie in it.

It’s something that can be extended to other players though not just Forestieri. When you refuse to play for a club until you get a transfer or new contract etc, the argument in support of this action is that players have a short career and have the right to do what’s best for them. Another way of putting it would be, “It’s their job and you would do the same in your job”. That might be a fair way of looking at it, but there are still ways and means of doing things.

Fine if we accept it’s a player’s job then I think it’s also fair to expect them to perform their duties well, all the time, every time, because like our jobs that is what is expected from us. If they start underperforming or being inconsistent they have to take the criticism because if we perform poorly in our jobs, we would equally attract criticism. They can’t at this point turn round and say “But being a footballer isn’t like other jobs”, because they’ve already used the argument that it is, by saying we would behave the same in their situation.

I guess what I’m saying is, I think Forestieri crossed a line as player where he has put himself on a pedestal and has to perform at a certain standard every time because that is the situation he created for himself. If Wednesday fans don’t think he’s put a shift in or is underperforming, then I think they are entitled to say “You’re not doing job properly”. I do realise I’m being high and mighty here, I think I’m just trying to explain why he rankles with me, probably more to myself than anyone else.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I hope that's sarcasm/fishing.
Cos otherwise.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's just a Wednesday See You Next Tuesday.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

other teams see Knockaert as a complete cock. He's one of them players that you probably love if he's playing for you and hate if he isn't. I personally would take him here with no hesitation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here