Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loftus-Cheek

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
The Evening Standard is covering that Loftus-Cheek wants to leave Chelsea on loan to get first team football. Says that we tried to get him in Jan, and are still interested along with a couple of other clubs.

He's a real talent and would seem like an excellent loan. With our training facilities and staffing infrastructure being some way ahead of some of our Prem competitors (thinking Burnley, Watford, Palace, Bournemouth) along with our proximity to Cobham, you would think we're well placed to attract Chelsea loanees.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be a great signing, quite similar to Cairney but wouldn't say no to having both in the squad for next season. Might be wrong on this one, but I'm fairly sure he can play in behind a striker as a No.10.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Think he would have trained at Lancing with England U21s. Must have left a good impression you would think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Tomori was anything to go by, I'd happily have any of the Chelsea youngsters here. Arsenal, not so much.

In fairness all you are doing there, is comparing two players, one from each club, so effectively Tomori v. Akpom. Hardly fair, especially when you consider than neither player has had the opportunity to play enough minutes to make a real judgement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let's just take Brown, Palmer, Tomori, Loftus-Cheeks & Abraham on loan and call ourselves Brighton & Chelsea U23s!!!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In fairness all you are doing there, is comparing two players, one from each club, so effectively Tomori v. Akpom. Hardly fair, especially when you consider than neither player has had the opportunity to play enough minutes to make a real judgement.
But that kind of illustrates my point, neither player was given lots of playing time, yet one demonstrated an impeccable attitude and the other looked thoroughly uninterested. Yes, it's fairly short sighted to assume they are a full representation of their clubs, but Chelsea are over flowing with quality youngsters needing first team football, many of whom have been out on loan and have done excellently, off of the top of my head I can't think of any other Arsenal youngsters that have been out on loan that have done anything of note. There must be a reason why Chelsea routinely win the u-23's league every season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But that kind of illustrates my point, neither player was given lots of playing time, yet one demonstrated an impeccable attitude and the other looked thoroughly uninterested. Yes, it's fairly short sighted to assume they are a full representation of their clubs, but Chelsea are over flowing with quality youngsters needing first team football, many of whom have been out on loan and have done excellently, off of the top of my head I can't think of any other Arsenal youngsters that have been out on loan that have done anything of note. There must be a reason why Chelsea routinely win the u-23's league every season.

Fair point.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think my beef with Arsenal is that a few years back our local lads in the academy U16's side (who had just gone 12 games unbeaten) had all but a couple of players (James Tilley being one of them) released to take on the young Arsenal rejects. To my knowledge they are no longer with us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not so sure re Tomori.......thought he showed enough to demonstrate some real class/potential in the games he played, and his attitude appeared excellent (if it wasn't, doubt he'd have had the starts)

Akpom didn't have enough time, but was judged (and sentenced to a lifetime of underachievement on here anyway) on a few minutes play and an apparently poor warmup.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Forgive me, there's a certain category, or perhaps cup, that they've won regularly over the last six or seven seasons?

You are thinking of the U-18s who have, indeed, dominated youth football for the last few seasons, winning the South division for the last 3 years and the FA Youth Cup for the last 4 seasons.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd like him in the no.10 role. He has all the qualities needed to be a top player. The only question I have with him is will he work hard enough? If he is going to compete with Baldock then he will need to put in the hard graft.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here