Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dashlane - does anyone use it?

Dashlane - supposedly protects passwords from hacking, is it any good?

It came free with the PC I bought but it wants me to register before I use it and I'm wary of registering on sites I don't know.

For banks and other important sites I use individual passwords but like a lot of people on other sites where no personal info is stored I use the same password (not the one I use on NSC :) ) I don't want to start using Dashlane only to find it creates random passwords for each of these other sites that it remembers but I can't remember when I use a different device.

And if I stop using Dashlane at some time in the future and it's remembered all these highly secure passwords presumably I'd have to change each one invidually back to something I can remember?

Thanks in advance for any (helpful) suggestions

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Never heard of Dashlane.

I use Password Safe (https://pwsafe.org/) on my mac/iphone/ipad and Keepass (http://keepass.info/) on my work PC.

Both allow you to either have a randonly generated password or to put your own in. Keepass allows automation too, so when I go to a frequently used website or application I just hit F2 and it puts in the userid/password (and anything else if you so desire).

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have used Dashlane for quite a while now with no problems. Does save having to remember all those peskey passwords.

Started using in my old laptop, which I still mainly use, and when I bought a new one, like yourself, it was already installed. Strangely, as I only use the new laptop for limited work have not signed up yet.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Used it for a few years. set one master password to enter site, then the site will randomly select passwords as required. No problems, saves a lot of time and repetition

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Ive used the Premium version for a number of years and it works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here