Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal London One Day Cup - Final Group Fixtures

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Basically, we have to beat Hampshire and Surrey have to lose at Gloucestershire for us to finish 3rd and qualify for one of the 'quarter finals'.

Group winners go straight to semi finals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Basically, we have to beat Hampshire and Surrey have to lose at Gloucestershire for us to finish 3rd and qualify for one of the 'quarter finals'.

Group winners go straight to semi finals.

I'm 5 or 6 miles from the Rose Bowl right now, and would suggest that the chances of ANY play today are slim.

The sky is black, and it is absolutely throwing it down.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
So if ours is rained off and Gloucestershire get a game in vs Surrey and beat them but not enough to overtake our Net RR, we still go through.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
So the rain saved our bacon from a definite loss vs Middlesex to give us that extra point but now it is going to cost us the 'slim' chance we have of progressing

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
For the record:

Surrey are on 8 points
Sussex 7
Hampshire 6
Gloucestershire (who play Surrey) 6, but with a significantly worse NRR than Sussex

Doesn't look like any play will be happening any time soon, which is a shame as Sussex's game is on Sky.

A Sussex win and Surrey lose OR draw / no result or a Sussex draw / no result with a Surrey lose are the ways we're through.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Blue skies in BN20. Frustrating for the Sharks.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Gloucestershire vs Surrey has been abandoned.

Now if the rain would be nice and do one, we have a match to win....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gloucestershire vs Surrey has been abandoned.

Now if the rain would be nice and do one, we have a match to win....

Sorry - still raining here. Hasn't stopped at all since I got up at 8am

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Rain is heading East apparently. No rain in Eastbourne yet but we have already called off a match scheduled for this evening based on the forecast.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
And that's that, match abandoned and Sussex fail to qualify for the quarter finals. Gutting considering that run of victories we strung together.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I see Sussex have the same points as Glamorgan and a better run rate.

Is table position based on wins or head to heads?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
maybe cricket boffins on here can help me out. Firstly Surrey stood to not qualify as their game was called off, meaning Sussex qualified if they beat Hampshire. Our game is abandoned so we don't qualify. Is there no way a spare day can be made available to play the match ie tomorrow ? Yes, it might rain tomorrow, but seems crazy to me that the only winner is the weather ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here