Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some bets for 2017/18 football season

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Championship odds aren't yet out, but subject to the best odds offered, I reckon M'boro will be favourites or there abouts.

They have no external debt, will receive £47m in parachute monies, other than Negredo/Gibson they have few players of interest for others to raid them, and chairman Steve Gibson gave a rare (and rousing interview) yesterday where he revealed they will spend very heavily on pace and flair to win the Championship. I can see him appointing a good manager, not the dancing twa* Pardew.

In addition they aren't riddled with the politics of clubs saddled with hated owners or boards.

Based on all this, I can see them outgunning most of the other cocky clubs, with Villa being an unknown until we know their final squad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yeah, that's all well and good but they're about to appoint PARDS, aren't they?!

Fulham (if they don't go up through to the play-offs) or Norwich for me.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The Championship odds aren't yet out, but subject to the best odds offered, I reckon M'boro will be favourites or there abouts.

They have no external debt, will receive £47m in parachute monies, other than Negredo/Gibson they have few players of interest for others to raid them, and chairman Steve Gibson gave a rare (and rousing interview) yesterday where he revealed they will spend very heavily on pace and flair to win the Championship. I can see him appointing a good manager, not the dancing twa* Pardew.

In addition they aren't riddled with the politics of clubs saddled with hated owners or boards.

Based on all this, I can see them outgunning most of the other cocky clubs, with Villa being an unknown until we know their final squad.
Boro will be about 10th I reckon....Villa and Sunderland top two probably:)

Very tough league that will no doubt throw up a few surprises

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Let's post the Oddschecker odds on here the day before the season starts.

If you could bet on M'boro finishing lower than 9th next season, I would guess that you would get fantastic odds.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Boro no longer have:
Nsue
Adomah
Rhodes
A Manager

They will almost certainly lose:
Gibson
Friend

And they're stuck with that odious **** Ramirez permanently.

Also seen that Pearson wants the job.

Mid table obscurity beckons.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Think derby may shine next year too

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Bruce has been given 1 million pounds for transfers at Villa. I wouldn't touch them with counterfeit.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

It would be a monumental effort for Sunderland to make top two. There's much behind the scenes at that club that needs sorting out including a big clear out of disinterested players.

Norwich would be my favourites and then it's a long list of potentials for 2nd place.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Norwich for me if they get a decent 25 goal forward and play Pritchard in his correct position all season and not leave him on the bench

Agree with this, Alex Neil was woeful for them virtually all season yet they still didn't finish too far away from the play offs. Think they will be scrapping it out with Villa and Fulham if they retain their key players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You'd normally expect at least one of the relegated sides to go back up. Next season though, I don't think that will happen. All the relegated sides are shite. That said, I reckon Hull will fail in the play offs but the other two will be lucky to make the top ten.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Chelsea
Norwich

And I'm not sure on L1 or L2 yet though I'm reasonably certain none of Blackburn, Wigan or Rotherham will be challenging for a straight return.

EDIT: Maybe Luton for L2 if they don't make it through the playoffs. Seem to have had the better results, just need to turn some of their draws into wins.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
scrapping it out with Villa and Fulham if they retain their key players.

I said at the start of the season that I didn't think Villa would fair well this season and I still don't see them doing much next season. They need a massive rebuild and it doesn't look like Bruce is going to be given any funds. They are still a big enough name to attract decent free transfers but they won't be making any marquee signings. I think they could easily find themselves like Leeds or Forest and stuck outside the top flight for a number of years despite their "name".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I would bet A LOT on Sunderland being nowhere near top two. They look just like Villa when they came down - badly run club full of ageing mercenaries. I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Sunderland back in the Prem for a long time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Think derby may shine next year too

...and when did we last hear that? ( every season for the last god knows how many! ) Admittedly, I like Rowett but Mel Morris is holding that club back and he needs to go before they have a real push.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I would bet A LOT on Sunderland being nowhere near top two. They look just like Villa when they came down - badly run club full of ageing mercenaries. I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Sunderland back in the Prem for a long time.

Yep...can see them treading water for a while.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here