Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lottery win with syndicate and some people haven't paid...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
....where does NSC stand on this. Should they receive their share of the win, but minus the ticket cost?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Depends if they've deliberately not paid or if they've not been available to pay. A syndicate would normally have a written contract/agreement to cover such eventualities.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If they haven't paid then they aren't in it. Simple as.

This. If the chumps who haven't paid get a share of your winnings, then I would also like to be part of your syndicate. I won't pay you, but I'll take a cut of whatever you win.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You are either in or not in the syndicate. Everyone should know who is in and not in. You can be in and late with payment, but you can't be not in, then want in when you win.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
....where does NSC stand on this. Should they receive their share of the win, but minus the ticket cost?
What has happened on previous weeks?
Have late payments been made or you been bumped.
If some people have just been late and still paid on previous losing weeks then I'd definitely share out with them

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
With the other son this. All syndicates should have a written agreement. Pretty sure that the lottery even have a template on their website

If they haven't paid and now want in then look at the circumstances and make a call. Such as paid in for 76 weeks and then missed one. I would let them off and give them the cash, however if it was the first week and they then just hadn't paid after being asked loads then tough.

If it is someone that has not paid and/or was unlikely to pay but just didn't want to be left out, then sorry

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What has happened on previous weeks?
Have late payments been made or you been bumped.
If some people have just been late and still paid on previous losing weeks then I'd definitely share out with them

This is my feeling. If they normally pay and are just late once, then I'd say it's fine. If they haven't paid for a while then they don't get their share.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What has happened in the past when people haven't paid - do they pay up what they owe later, after the ticket has already lost? If so, then obviously they get paid.

This is my feeling. If they normally pay and are just late once, then I'd say it's fine.
It doesn't matter if they're late every single week, if they always pay eventually, then they're in.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
What has happened in the past when people haven't paid - do they pay up what they owe later, after the ticket has already lost? If so, then obviously they get paid.

It doesn't matter if they're late every single week, if they always pay eventually, then they're in.

This.

If people have previously paid retrospectively for losing tickets then they're in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree with this, especially if the Syndicate runs a kitty from previous minor wins, in which case the slow/non-payer didn't 'borrow' off of another member. Pedantic to exclude them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with this, especially if the Syndicate runs a kitty from previous minor wins, in which case the slow/non-payer didn't 'borrow' off of another member. Pedantic to exclude them.
Not really pedantic, just wrong. There's a contract between these people, even if it's just verbal. Unless the contract states that late payment will class as not being in, then they're in. If they don't pay (even if it's their first week to be honest), then they still owe the payment, but they're also owed any winnings.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Yes, that's reasonable (although I'd probably get frustrated by someone who's late every week).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If send it all to me, I will take it off your hands, that way, you don't fall out with your mates,they don't get anything they're not entitled to, and I get to spend it on things I like.

Everyone's a winner.

P.S. I don't charge for this service.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, that's reasonable (although I'd probably get frustrated by someone who's late every week).
And if you're in charge of collecting, tell them to pay on time or they'll be removed. But they're not removed until you've told them they are (before the draw).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
a) Asking for trouble if you don't have a written agreement signed by all the members of the syndicate. Guessing this is a small win. Last thing you want is to spend a proportion of your winnings on lawyers.

b) Precedent. If late payers have been allowed to catch up then, win or lose, don't think you would have a leg to stand on if you withheld their winnings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here