Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Gauld

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Being sold by Sporting Lisbon, they want what to cover what they paid for him. If it was another season in the Championship for us I'd say he would be worth a punt at 3 million. Still an interesting prospect at 21, I saw him play for Dundee United a few times and he looked like one of the most exciting players I have ever seen, very quick, the move was the wrong one by the look of it. Worth a punt?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think we've had our fill of young, overrated Scottish players in the form of Jack Harper, although to be fair this lad probably has more about him as he actually plays some first team football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, he's not played for the full squad only the under 21's, he is 21 still. Signed for Sporting at 17 or 18 I think.
You'd know for sure if you included his Wiki page. :rolleyes:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Defending in his showreel is a bit ropey, but that is hardly his fault. He could well be worth a punt. The sort of player we could sign that could be worth £50m in a couple of seasons or be back in Dundee!

I'd like to think he might be the sort of player who's on our radar at least...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Defending in his showreel is a bit ropey, but that is hardly his fault. He could well be worth a punt. The sort of player we could sign that could be worth £50m in a couple of seasons or be back in Dundee!

Did you miss the SCOTTISH part!?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
You'd know for sure if you included his Wiki page. :rolleyes:

Sad as it is I don't need Wiki for promising Scotland youngsters. The nature of being Scottish is that I pin my international football hopes regularly on anyone that shows a glimmer of talent! Been on a hiding to nothing for many years.
On a side note, Scottish potential looks like Andrew Robertson will sign for Liverpool from Hull as soon as the window opens. Would have loved him at the Albion!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

I'd like to think he might be the sort of player who's on our radar at least...

I think he'd have been worth a punt last season as it was a position that we could have done will back up in. With promotion I think he'll slide off the radar.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Being sold by Sporting Lisbon, they want what to cover what they paid for him. If it was another season in the Championship for us I'd say he would be worth a punt at 3 million. Still an interesting prospect at 21, I saw him play for Dundee United a few times and he looked like one of the most exciting players I have ever seen, very quick, the move was the wrong one by the look of it. Worth a punt?

My nan could look exciting playing for Dundee United.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think he'd have been worth a punt last season as it was a position that we could have done will back up in. With promotion I think he'll slide off the radar.

The reality is though, that we have to either find players before others, increasingly difficult, or players that others have missed. Going to Lisbon was a mistake but before that he was one of the hottest properties out there. He could still be a great player or he could fade into obscurity but for the limited investment I think he could be worth taking a chance on?

We are not going to attract either the top class finished article or even the brightest young thing at this level. We are looking for the N'golo Kante type, great players who have slipped through the net elsewhere, mixed with solid professionals who can hold their own at PL level. It could easily fail but for that money it hardly matters.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is the same Dundee United who used to see Fran Sandaza as some sort of Messi-esque figure?.....

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The reality is though, that we have to either find players before others, increasingly difficult, or players that others have missed. Going to Lisbon was a mistake but before that he was one of the hottest properties out there. He could still be a great player or he could fade into obscurity but for the limited investment I think he could be worth taking a chance on?

We are not going to attract either the top class finished article or even the brightest young thing at this level. We are looking for the N'golo Kante type, great players who have slipped through the net elsewhere, mixed with solid professionals who can hold their own at PL level. It could easily fail but for that money it hardly matters.

From what I remember he was quite a shy modest young man. Not one to throw a hissy fit, good family background etc

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
From what I remember he was quite a shy modest young man. Not one to throw a hissy fit, good family background etc

I think that from watching the video he would be more suited to UK football than the slower more technical Portuguese game. He has good feet and goes past people, that's hard to find. Whether he could do it at this level who knows but he's certainly more interesting than some of the dogs we are being linked with :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Over-rated.

Lightweight physically

Very One footed

Will get nowhere near that amount of space to play in PL.

Has no great experience at any real top level in first team matches.

Yes looks neat and tidy but not someone you take a chance with when you get to the PL where you will be defending more often than not

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here