Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What else could £250 million get the town?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Following the 'Bus stop for Bloom' thread, what could our Tony spend that much money on that would employ so many staff and bring joy (and heartache) to so many?
As a guide Brighton Palace Pier was £50 million (?) and employs maybe 100 and brings joy to 8 million a year. But it also makes money.
Knock down the Brighton Centre and build a 6* Hotel?

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Following the 'Bus stop for Bloom' thread, what could our Tony spend that much money on that would employ so many staff and bring joy (and heartache) to so many?
As a guide Brighton Palace Pier was £50 million (?) and employs maybe 100 and brings joy to 8 million a year. But it also makes money.
Knock down the Brighton Centre and build a 6* Hotel?

Palace Pier sold for £18 million.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Palace Pier sold for £18 million.

Was this actually renamed to Brighton Pier from Palace Pier for football reasons?

A gourmet Michelin starred restaurant right on the beach. Not enough restaurants with a view of the sea.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Several minor injuries walk in clinics around the city to ease the pressure on A&E.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A park and ride scheme with a site on the A23 just north of Pyecombe.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ice rink is a good idea...

It could be built next to the Amex. Underneath the top coach park area.

Arenasize.jpg

Or it could be built under the rugby pitch opposite falmer station.

I think the only way we could get an ice rink in the city is to build underground which has been done in Canada, so it's not a new solution for this.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It could go some way to settling his loans, assuming he has some pretty big ones against the money he's invested in the club.

But, if he came to me and said "how shalt I spend this windfall, wise sage?" I'd say put some aside to add an extra tier or two to the Amex, and the rest spend on a huge 'Health and Wellness' centre, containing Doctors Surgeries, Dentists, Physio, Spa, Salons, Life Coaches, Yoga, you name it. All this is the future...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here