Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As we bask in our glory....... Spare a thought and reflect .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Brings back so many memories of what the wrong owners can do to a club . Video captures a lot of how we felt all those years ago and the EFL does nothing .

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ridiculous that this can happen again and again still. The FA and FL need to get their houses in order and stop tragedies like this ocurring. But they won't.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
They're are the only club I have a soft spot for, love to hate them and hate to love them, good times when we had that mini rivally, my sons first away game and I remember him saying (after only been to withdean a couple of times and age 10/11) "I get the passion now Dad, I am brighton!"

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ridiculous that this can happen again and again still. The FA and FL need to get their houses in order and stop tragedies like this ocurring. But they won't.

Exactly .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The FA doing FA yet again, aided and abetted by the EFL. How much longer can these clowns be allowed to run the game?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Very sad and a reminder of where we were . https://youtu.be/lvYSJomCp08

Wow, what a powerful perspective of Orients fans. The rawness of their emotions really struck home and instantly took me back to our own fight over 20 years ago. I appreciate the dislike of Barry Hearn from some of our supporters but I have nothing but good wishes for the fans of Orient ( and others in similar situations ) and hope they eventually hound out that twonk of an owner.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I have a family friend who had a stroke a few years ago now, his is wheelchair bound but very poor speech etc, and his wife takes him to every Leyton Orient home game either on the train or using a special taxi. We had a party 10 days ago, they we were playing the last game away, and when the final whistle went and reality hit home and he was crying, saying that's it his club has gone.

Made me realise how wonderful TB really is and how far we have come, tried to console him saying if we can do so can you. It's not right (that he supports them anyway) but how these owners can still get away with ripping these clubs apart watch them fall from grace and walk away without a care in the world.

I have agreed with him and a group of my mates /family when the Albion are not playing home or away one Saturday I/we will go up and show our support. Hopefully they will still have a club and maybe we can get a few more us going, I know we had a few run in's with them a few years ago but it's time to stick together and show that BHAFC haven't forgotten where we have come from.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Shame that
One of the most memorable games at the goldstone was against Leyton Orient the 4-4 draw
Always remember another great game against them away at there place a 3-3 draw about 1978 think Ralph Coates was playing for them then
Great little club hope they get back to league football soon, if they can survive

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Watched this yesterday, it is a very, very well put together video. In a time when there is an increasing amount of utter tripe ´Fan view´ and ´Vlogs´ this really is superbly well done.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
That almost had me blubbing like a baby, reminded me of those last few seasons at the Goldstone. How can history keep on repeating itself?

The only saving grace for Orient is that their stadium isn't owned by Bechetti. Not that that is any comfort.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In my opinion that league should only have one team relegated each season.

Orient would have still been relegated. We can thank our lucky stars that it was one up/one down back in 97 and 98.

Very well put together and emotional video, the guy presenting it allowed the story to be told and didn't feel the need to be the centre of attention. It's certainly a massive reminder of our struggles. Orient was always a favourite away day of mine back in the Goldstone and Withdean days. I hope they can get back into the football league.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
In my opinion that league should only have one team relegated each season.

Nah. Two might seem bad when it catches a club, but two coming up offers redemption more than the puckered one. God Bless that it wasn't that way for the Albion, hopefully I'm not being too hypocritical. Albion would have resurrected. So can Leyton Orient

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
That very well produced, sensitive and upsetting video should be compulsory viewing to all and sundry as an abject lesson in how a perfectly good club can be mismanaged to destruction. I urge all Seagulls to take the time to watch it; the parallels with our own historic struggles are there for all to see.

As others on here have implied, no Albion fan can watch that video without thinking “there but for the grace of God go I”. Sadly, Orient has no white knight (=TB) on the horizon to turn the tide.

As a young lad born and raised in North East London in the late 50s/early 60s my baptism into league football was as a “neutral” watching Leyton Orient with my great uncles and their sons, who had started following the club in the 1930s. Brisbane Road was walking distance from where I lived (my lifelong fixation with the Albion would commence in the mid-60s based on Sussex family connections) and was a great dads’n’lads day out, with a small, vocal crowd and a safe and friendly atmosphere.

When I watch this video I found it really upsetting that a club with so much pride and history (112 years in the Football League), and which had systematically lost the bulk of its fan base to its more fashionable Arsenal, Spurs and WHU neighbours, could have been allowed to slip from the League 1 playoffs to League 2 relegation in just a couple of seasons. Unpaid wages, creditors piling up and winding up order deferred until end-June. Tragic. The EFL bosses should feel truly ashamed by how badly they’ve abandoned Orient in its hour of need.

I hope with all my heart that the O’s will bounce back but, sadly, my head tells me that whilst Becchetti remains at the helm the slide may yet continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here