Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweet Caroline as a fan chant for the Albion?

Should we adopt Sweet Caroline?

• Yeah, why not, sod Reading

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Nope, leave it well alone

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Many will relate the song to Reading but **** those tinpot goons. The song clearly means a lot to our players. Should we bulldozer it off Reading, make it our own and sing it louder and better?

Genuine poll by the way. Just interested to know views on this, would never have considered it but it really seems to be something special to our boys.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really don't like Neil Diamond, can't stand his voice,i know its not a popular view,but, he really grates on me.
And, it is a bit tinpot.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No.

Though I'm sure it'll get played over the tannoys after we win next season!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yeah Fvck Reading

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't have anything against Neil Diamond, and he's a talented songwriter, but... I think the song is pants.

I vote "smack my bitch up" by the Prodigy. No other reason than the utterly confused look on the away fans faces :lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think we should be trying to get this going, it's by an Albion fan and it sums the last 20 years up perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlOWczjQKGs

Yes would be good , but there is absolutely no chance of singing anything with a slow tempo from Albion fans, just no going to happen.
Speaking of singing slowly, Spurs have this sussed. Their rendition of glory, glory hallelujah yesterday was superb, spine tingling stuff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes would be good , but there is absolutely no chance of singing anything with a slow tempo from Albion fans, just no going to happen.
Speaking of singing slowly, Spurs have this sussed. Their rendition of glory, glory hallelujah yesterday was superb, spine tingling stuff.

Listen from 52 seconds in though...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
But it's not for a concert - it's for a football match to encourage/fire up the players - and this is their song ...

I totally understand what you're saying, but still disagree a little.

I've watched many interviews with players, where the reporter has asked what they listen to before a game to get them 'fired up' or 'in the zone'.. I can't recall any of them saying 'yeah bro.. a bit o' dat foot tappin' stuff me dad dances to at weddings, innit...'

Jan 22, 2017
I can't yet vote but I think...

81%2BddjnLJCL._SX522_.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Naff song by an artist most fans would not know of or like.

Reminds me of the embarrasing Glad All Over at the cesspit.

If there is song, choose something for the younger fan base.

Sorry to say it but GLad all over is an absolute BELTER of a track. Hate the fact that Palace sing it of course but objectively it is a very good tune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here