Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Airbnb

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes with varying success. Do you have any particular questions?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yes, in the US and France, but not in the UK. Accommodation can be " different" but you generally get a lot for your money and end up staying in area's of cities a bit apart from the tourist trail.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Use a credit card so you can charge back if necessary, a friend got scammed on there although I've never had any issues.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I've stayed in airbnb places in Tallinn, Texas, Rome and Amsterdam -

No bad experiences yet - and it's been 1/5 of the cost of a hotel. But I do attach
a lot of importance to the reviews.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, used for Newcastle and villa away, very nice places too.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Generally had good experiences but bare in mind they don't publish mixed or bad reviews which is fundamentally dishonest.

Is that right? I was looking in to some the other day for the first time and was impressed with the number of good reviews places had!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Is that right? I was looking in to some the other day for the first time and was impressed with the number of good reviews places had!

Good reviews gets you more people and more money. They don't like to publish negative feedback as it'll obviously impact on their business. For example, I recently went to Vienna and stayed somewhere which whilst wasn't terrible was tiny and badly laid out and nothing like the pictures etc made out, so I said so in my review. I also said some positive things ( like location) but it wasn't published. I then wrote to Air B n B to ask why and never received an reply.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Looking at Southern Ireland if it operates there ?[/QUOTE

You can't beat a good old fashioned BnB in Ireland as far as I'm concerned and the hospitality
second to none, not to mention the fry up (if that's your thing). But I'm sure airbnb operates
there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
In one as I type this in Lisbon. 200 quid for three nights, bang in the centre. Great little place, host has brilliant local knowledge. Couldn't ask for more. One tip is to check how long they have been hosting for, and have reviews for, experienced hosts oreferable

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have used it for Belfast, New York, Boston, Helsinki. Have one booked in Bristol for son's graduation in July.

Much better and cheaper for families than hotels, in my experience. Also, feels a bit less like being a tourist.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here