Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your ONE highlight from yesterday?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
What a fantastic day, congratulations to the club for another day that will live in the memory for a long long time.

If you had to pick one highlight from yesterday what would it be?

For me it was the video they showed after the players arrived which included the Goldstone and Gillingham days, thousands stood in silence watching it on the big screens, looking around and seeing grown men crying. Something that will stay with me forever.

It was closely followed up by Dale Stephens 'worming' onto the stage :lolol:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
The fact that Brighton are back, in style, having clearly captured the hearts and minds of the younger generation of Sussex.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watched on YouTube with tears in my eyes.
How far have we come!? As these things go I thought it was seriously professional and well focussed. Yes that video was brilliant but there was a moment when they cannoned the streamers into the air and the camera panned up over the crowd and into a blue sky that just summed up the sheer joy of the occasion. Lovely stuff!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Being stood on Hove Lawns belting out GOSBTS with all the others is my favourite moment.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
For me, walking away at the end with my 10 and 8 year old sons and 4 year old daughter dancing down the middle of the kingsway with a huge flag and trailing streamers.

I turned to my wife and had a tear in my eye. Because clearly we've done something right as parents

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Solly's reaction to his sunglasses falling off after heading a football. Head in hands! They may have been recovered by a steward but I am uncertain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere:-

the fella wearing Liverpool shorts, proudly displaying his Liver Bird leg tattoo, and an Albion top.
Legend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Being stood on Hove Lawns belting out GOSBTS with all the others is my favourite moment.

Not the best highlight for me, but when we were waiting for a bus on Church Road, to go home, this busker starting playing SBTS on his clarinet, so we joined in with the words. I'm not sure the bus queue enjoyed it, but we didn't get anything thrown at us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Coffee and croissants for breakfast in a street café on The Champs-Élysées in the sunshine before flying home

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I enjoyed the class and respect shown by some of the quieter yet just as proud players - March, Rosenior, Hemed, Kayal, Uwe, and of course the definition of class .....Mr C Hughton.
Loved belting out GOSBTS.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Watched on YouTube with tears in my eyes.
How far have we come!? As these things go I thought it was seriously professional and well focussed. Yes that video was brilliant but there was a moment when they cannoned the streamers into the air and the camera panned up over the crowd and into a blue sky that just summed up the sheer joy of the occasion. Lovely stuff!

Held it together until the players bus arrived at Hove Lawns + Sweet Caroline started up once again

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Seeing Knocky on the team coach afterwards. As it was driving down the road he was leaning over the very understanding coach driver whilst he was continually pumping his horn, looked like he had nicked the coach to me :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One thing is hard -

The sea of blue and white in Zone A

The sheer professionalism of it all, how far we have come from a few 100 fans at Hove town hall watching the Freddie mercury tribute act

The whole crowd bouncing in blue and white during the party sing-a-long section

Goldson and Dunk's double act introduction

Baldock crowd surfing again

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Such a lot of special things to remember from a very memorable day.
Difficult to choose one moment but for me it was just the sheer spectacle of a sea of blue and white worn by young and old alike, and to top it all, the sun shone brightly on our parade.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I enjoyed the class and respect shown by some of the quieter yet just as proud players - March, Rosenior, Hemed, Kayal, Uwe, and of course the definition of class .....Mr C Hughton.
Loved belting out GOSBTS.

Spot on about Hughton's class. Wont take credit for anything.

Hes the kind of bloke who when proposing to his good lady and she said she loves the ring, would answer by paying credit to the jeweller, the diamond miner, the car park attendant and the person at the bank who authorised the credit card transaction.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The fact that Brighton are back, in style, having clearly captured the hearts and minds of the younger generation of Sussex.

The lost generations...they're back. As are The Albion. Those trips to Gillingham and god knows how many rain sodden seasons at Withdean have all paid off-took longer than we all thought but WE ARE BACK!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here