Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheap, illegal flags

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looked like the guys selling the flags took a hell of a beating. 3 for £5 as I was walking home, and the bloke still had 100's.
Well done to the vast majority of fans who boycotted these band wagoners.
Expected the club to have more 'official' merchandise booths in zones B & C as I would have bought a flag.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There were official BHAFC shop staff (it said so on their back) selling club products, walking along the front and lawns.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't support it, but bear in mind the people selling them are probably scraping by on the breadline....(empathy for your fellow man)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The club would have made a fortune selling caps yesterday-if only they had any.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looked like the guys selling the flags took a hell of a beating. 3 for £5 as I was walking home, and the bloke still had 100's.
Well done to the vast majority of fans who boycotted these band wagoners.
Expected the club to have more 'official' merchandise booths in zones B & C as I would have bought a flag.
It's almost like Trading Standards can't be bothered. Surely an easy win if they are infringing copyright.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one making me laugh was the selling the hooter with a free scarf. The scarf's where the 'Champions' ones. :lolol:
Runner up in my 'highlights of the day' was the mother buying hooters for a fair few kids.
Giving them each their hooter and scarf, then within 5 minutes telling the little 'uns to stop making such a racket. :lol:

But the hands down winner has the be the fella wearing Liverpool shorts, proudly displaying his Liver Bird leg tattoo, and an Albion top.
Legend. :bowdown:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Club definitely should have had a few more stalls along the Lawns.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The tat said Premiership, and didn't have the official club badge.

now you have pointed it out, its obvious that's why its Premiership, and generic blue and white, must be a load Champions scarves and flags, god knows what they gonna do with it all

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The tat said Premiership, and didn't have the official club badge.
OK - selling on the street without a license? Not made to safety standards? Don't know the ins and outs but you see this at most big grounds - surely it can be stopped.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The one with Chris Hughton's mug shot on it is hilarious. They had quiet possibly picked the worst photo of him possible.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But the hands down winner has the be the fella wearing Liverpool shorts, proudly displaying his Liver Bird leg tattoo, and an Albion top. Legend. :bowdown:

Ha ha, there was a guy in a West Ham shirt that walked through Zone A like a strutting Peacock. Not in an aggressive manner I might add, almost in a comedy sketch slap stick way. Genuinely funny moment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
OK - selling on the street without a license? Not made to safety standards? Don't know the ins and outs but you see this at most big grounds - surely it can be stopped.

Getting a pedlar's certificate is a trivial process and given the amount of police around assume all traders would have one. Agree with you those Del Boy types are annoying but most seem to stay just this side of the law.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Getting a pedlar's certificate is a trivial process and given the amount of police around assume all traders would have one. Agree with you those Del Boy types are annoying but most seem to stay just this side of the law.
Interestingly, this suggests that street trading is prohibited with a 1 mile radius of the Amex.

https://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/Published/C00000116/M00001890/AI00008241/$Item35StreetTradingPolicy.docA.ps.pdf

And Pedlar's certificates are supposed to be for door to door itinerant traders. Is this a massive loophole that needs closing as getting a Pedlar's certificate makes you exempt from street trading regulations?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interestingly, this suggests that street trading is prohibited with a 1 mile radius of the Amex.

https://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/Published/C00000116/M00001890/AI00008241/$Item35StreetTradingPolicy.docA.ps.pdf

And Pedlar's certificates are supposed to be for door to door itinerant traders. Is this a massive loophole that needs closing as getting a Pedlar's certificate makes you exempt from street trading regulations?

That "loophole" has existed for yonks and is enforced differently by different local authorities. Didn't know about the 1 mile exclusion around the Amex though.

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/con...gambling/street-trading-options-brighton-hove

https://www.gov.uk/pedlars-certificate

But yeah invariably those traders sell poor quality goods at rip off prices.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Runner up in my 'highlights of the day' was the mother buying hooters for a fair few kids.
Giving them each their hooter and scarf, then within 5 minutes telling the little 'uns to stop making such a racket. :lol:

But the hands down winner has the be the fella wearing Liverpool shorts, proudly displaying his Liver Bird leg tattoo, and an Albion top.
Legend. :bowdown:

Given that Liverpool don't win many trophies these days, maybe he just wanted to be associated with winners for an afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here