Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music and Football

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Had a great day in zone A...but
Why the massive obsession by football clubs to drown out spontaneous crowd participation
Why do clubs feel the need to belt out music in order for us to enjoy ourselves
As the bus was getting ever closer to zone A we have a DJ belting out DJ JAZZY JEFF & the Fresh Prince, stopping the crowd from chanting football songs at OUR FOOTBALL PLAYERS
then we have the players introduced 1 by 1 to the crowd but can't hear the applause for each player as it's drowned out by booming music
Like I said at the top, a great day celebrating the clubs achievement but don't get the obsession these days with music & football
Music and football is great when watching on tv reflecting great moments but when your inside a stadium let the fans take centre stage (I know today was not inside a stadium but you know what I mean )

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So I don't get flamed the music entertaining the crowd was great at the start but just felt there was a cut of point as the bus got closer, maybe a fan zone montage ( if people feel the need to play music over crowd participation) would have been better than listening to Micheal Jackson- Billie jean as the bus got ever closer

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Music and football. Love them both - but two different parts of the brain, as far as I'm concerned.

Think that's what I'm trying to say
Love going to football to watch football
Love going to gigs to listen to music
But when I'm watching my football team pull up in an open top bus to celebrate a brilliant football moment I don't need TOPLOADER - dancing in the moonlight
Taking away the atmos of a football crowd atmosphere

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
But when I'm watching my football team pull up in an open top bus to celebrate a brilliant football moment I don't need TOPLOADER - dancing in the moonlight

I know that there's someone who likes Toploader who can, quite frankly, have whatever music he likes.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Yes entirely agree with the above , they should of stopped the music as the buses got closer

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Agree. Saying that. The media team have done an amazing job at pairing music with some of the videos this season. Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC over the Brentford highlights is amazing.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree. Saying that. The media team have done an amazing job at pairing music with some of the videos this season. Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC over the Brentford highlights is amazing.

Agree, as I said in op, music goes great with montage clips of great sporting moments and yes the club have put out some great ones this year, the season montage with The Killers singing is brilliant

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the dangers in playing music at football events you are never going to please everyone given the age span of those attending and their different music tastes.

Fully agree with drowning out the players applause. You only have to contrast with the ovation that Calde received when he returned to the Amex a few weeks ago. No music a standing ovation that was loud and went on forever. One of the Amex magical moments which bith the fans and more importantly Calde was able to enjoy.

When we win our next silverware something for the club to review.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Why didn't they play Jackson Browne's running on empty'? No song title is more appropriate to sum up the climax to the season and how we handed the title to the barcodes. Not that I'm bitter or anything!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here