Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Gloucestershire Royal London 1 Day Cup at Eastbourne

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Never been to the Saffrons, heard it is very nice...

Glarrrrster won the toss and have inserted Sussex.

13-0 after 2

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Saffrons is a lovely setting - havent played there in a first class game for a long time, think the seconds play there still.

The latest Sussex CEO is already saying its too expensive to hold festival cricket on out grounds, it annoys me the ECB with the millons of pounds unspent do not fund more out ground cricket.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sussex team

Chris Nash
Luke Wright(c)
Harry Finch
Stiaan van Zyl
Laurie Evans
Michael Burgess(wk)
David Wiese
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Will Beer
Jerome Taylor

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Saffrons is a lovely setting - havent played there in a first class game for a long time, think the seconds play there still.

The latest Sussex CEO is already saying its too expensive to hold festival cricket on out grounds, it annoys me the ECB with the millons of pounds unspent do not fund more out ground cricket.

Yes no Horsham this year, unbelievable as Sussex almost always win there! :shootself

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sums up the ECB who would be happy for cricket to be played in huge soleless city franchise stadiums - making them even more money.

Should be back, Hastings,Worthing, Chichester and Sheffield Park, ECB missing a trick to take first class cricket around and take ot too the people of each county.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Remember my Dad taking me to see County Cricket at the Saffrons back in the 50s. Wasn't the pitch declared unfit for first class cricket a few years ago? Has it been brought back up to standard, or is it deemed OK for one day matches?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Years ago the out grounds were allowed to keep the money from food and beer sales. Sussex then started to take more and more leaving the likes of Horsham losing money to stage the event. Sussex then complained about the sponsorship which is crap as all days were over subscribed.

Personally I think it's so wrong. Sod Hove it's a team representing the whole of Sussex. They should sell up Hove to the rich developers and build a lovely ground in the centre of the county.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Years ago the out grounds were allowed to keep the money from food and beer sales. Sussex then started to take more and more leaving the likes of Horsham losing money to stage the event. Sussex then complained about the sponsorship which is crap as all days were over subscribed.

Personally I think it's so wrong. Sod Hove it's a team representing the whole of Sussex. They should sell up Hove to the rich developers and build a lovely ground in the centre of the county.

How about the village cricket ground at Staplefields by your old pub.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Gotta love cricket. The umpire is former Sussex player Billy Taylor.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Well I love Hove as well, so would fight tooth and nail for it. All the Spen Camra money is invested into it as well. But I think 2-3 festival weeks elsewhere in the county should be ECB regulatuions.

Sussex were becalmed - but Archer then belts a six - I would take 250 from here

Buggar another wicket goes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here