Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa's small transfer kitty!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if already posted!

Steve Bruce hit with Aston Villa cash freeze and told he must sell before he can buy.
Villa have stressed that owner Dr Tony Xia remains totally committed to the club, after a mammoth £70million spend this season, and the cutbacks are a result of Financial Fair Play regulations.

Bruce will have to revamp his Championship squad on a limited budget this summer as part of a Football League clampdown on spending.

More》》》》http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ton-villa-cash-freeze-told-must-sell-can-buy/

It's going to be lesson to all clubs that have fallen foul of over spending and keeping within the FFP rules.
Hopefully Albion can take note and use this as an example not to overspend on some good time Charlie for millions!! :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They'll change their minds and break FFP also, as QPR/Bournemouth did, and not give two hoots, in a desparate attempt to get promoted in May 18.

Two seasons or more outside the PL would be a financial nightmare for them.

Shame it can't be acted against mid-season by interim financial reporting, to stop the cheating.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Great news. I'm of the 70s generation where Villa were our big rivals. Let's hope they struggle next seaon.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Utterly meaningless. QPR went MILES over FFP and were fined a paltry £8m, having been rewarded with a Prem stint in the meantime. Villa will do the same. Complete non-story.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Utterly meaningless. QPR went MILES over FFP and were fined a paltry £8m, having been rewarded with a Prem stint in the meantime. Villa will do the same. Complete non-story.

The footballing authorities should be more stricture in forcing the rules through IMO :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't that part of Villa's problem this season? Rafa at Newcastle was able to sell off a few expensive players for big money to buy in players to get out of the Championship, whereas Villa had big name players on big contracts and huge wages who just weren't saleable. Anyone for Richards, Agbonlahor......? no, thought not.

Hope Tommy Elphick gets out of there to a decent Championship club, though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sounds like there is going to be a falling out if Villa stick to their position and Bruce will be off to where he believes the grass is greener.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They shouldn't need to spend a fortune as have lots of those kind of players. I imagine they need a couple of free transfers or squad players and to offload a couple of the less good contracts even if that means taking a hit and paying some of the wages up. Get there house in order contracts wise over 12 months and another mid table finish with youngsters coming through who should be assets. I can see them being the next Fulham (or to some degree what we've been most of the last 5 years) and consistant playoff contenders for a few seasons. They might not be happy with that but it's better than dropping down again as a few have!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Jordan Amavi anyone?

He's recently changed agents and it's no secret that he's looking for a move away this summer. Not doubting his quality but I don't think he'd be the left back signing we need from the times I've seen him play, looks good going forward but I'd have concerns over the defensive side of his play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here