Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer chores

Jul 7, 2003
With no football on this afternoon and the weather being nice, Mrs DCH has pointed out it that it is time I got around to some of those summer chores.

First up this BBQ cleaning. Not usually a big job, just a matter of cleaning out / burning off the various insects that have made home their for the winter. Then I remembered that our last BBQ of the year had quite a few people and rather a lot of alcohol may have been consumed. This meant that there were two BBQs to clean - charcoal and gas - and also that they may not have been wiped down after the last time. Once the covers were taken off, not only were the grills very greasy but also still had small remnants of rotten food on top.

I can highly recommend Weber BBQ cleaner for getting through the grease but even so, it took a good part of my afternoon to get this done.

Anyone else had their other half asking you to do those jobs you can always put off in the football season?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Funny you should ask. A huge hedge at the back of our garden which due to its weight is bringing down the fence it is attached to. Had to spend the last three evenings cutting it down after work having promised to do it since Easter weekend which as we all know included two memorable football matches.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Twice a year i have to climb into our loft,once in the autumn and once (any time now) to get vacuum packed clothes out and return the other seasonal stuff to the loft...

Blame the missus.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Easy to avoid, just transfer to the cricket season.

No, can't fit that in today, off to Hove. Cricket also has the added bonus that if there is no cricket due to rain, its too wet to cut the grass, trim the hedge, etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Twice a year i have to climb into our loft,once in the autumn and once (any time now) to get vacuum packed clothes out and return the other seasonal stuff to the loft...

Blame the missus.

I thought it was only women who had a distinctly separate winter/summer wardrobe?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Easy to avoid, just transfer to the cricket season.

No, can't fit that in today, off to Hove. Cricket also has the added bonus that if there is no cricket due to rain, its too wet to cut the grass, trim the hedge, etc.

Yeah, but then your home looks shit! :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With no football on this afternoon and the weather being nice, Mrs DCH has pointed out it that it is time I got around to some of those summer chores.

First up this BBQ cleaning. Not usually a big job, just a matter of cleaning out / burning off the various insects that have made home their for the winter. Then I remembered that our last BBQ of the year had quite a few people and rather a lot of alcohol may have been consumed. This meant that there were two BBQs to clean - charcoal and gas - and also that they may not have been wiped down after the last time. Once the covers were taken off, not only were the grills very greasy but also still had small remnants of rotten food on top.

I can highly recommend Weber BBQ cleaner for getting through the grease but even so, it took a good part of my afternoon to get this done.

Anyone else had their other half asking you to do those jobs you can always put off in the football season?

Not really. I tend to find 3 hours out of an entire week doesn't tend to bring my life to a grinding halt.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought it was only women who had a distinctly separate winter/summer wardrobe?

Yes it is-it here blooming stuff,shoes as well...me i make do with as little as possible..

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
16/17 programmes and all things Albion boxed and added to the collection in the loft (simple job but takes hours when you start looking through the growing collection).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here