Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It's scary and should be a wake up call that our democracy is broken. We criticise other countries and regimes that put despots in power when our system has done exactly the same.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's scary and should be a wake up call that our democracy is broken. We criticise other countries and regimes that put despots in power when our system has done exactly the same.

The system is keeping this farce going but I don’t think it did anything wrong in putting him in power. He won more votes than his opponent and was elected. The same has now happened against him.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In other times this would be a major scandal with huge repercussions. Anyone else old enough to remember the Richard Nixon tapes? However I have no doubt it will just be added to the long list of Trump indiscretions ... thank goodness he is soon gone.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The system is keeping this farce going but I don’t think it did anything wrong in putting him in power. He won more votes than his opponent and was elected. The same has now happened against him.

I mean populism and who controls the media, the system is being manipulated to put divisive and dangerous people in power who pretend to represent the people but actually represent the interests of the wealthy. The same is true over here with the current loony government and people like Farage

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Hilary won more votes than Donald, surely?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I mean populism and who controls the media, the system is being manipulated to put divisive and dangerous people in power who pretend to represent the people but actually represent the interests of the wealthy. The same is true over here with the current loony government and people like Farage

Well, that’s your view. It just seems a little too easy to claim people have been manipulated.There will be people who disagree and who have similar conspiracy theories about the other side. For years in this country we were told that the BBC was leftist propaganda because the right didn’t like Labour winning elections and thought people couldn’t be trusted to make their own minds up. Now we have similar claims from the other side. The reality is that Trump speaks to a certain type of voter, a mindset that will be there regardless of which politician or bit of the media decides to speak its language.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just listened to the whole thing. In any other western democracy, he would be forced to resign at minimum. And prosecuted by many. I admit I am amazed that he does actually believe every single thing he has been spouting over the last couple of months. What I thought was saving face was him genuinely trying to blame every single other person than himself. Given this, the worst villains as far as I am concerned are those that are enabling him. They know they are peddling lies just to appease him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just listened to the Trump tape.

I am seriously concerned for his health. He seriously believes his own lies and has a small cadre of 'yes' people around him that won't make him see sense.

The worrying thing is that his neurosis is shared by so many of his followers that they'll believe whatever he says regardless of the evidence (or in his case, lack of).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can easily imagine, over the last 4 years, X amount of officials recorded their conversation with Grumpy Trumpy:-

"Put that in the safe"
"What is it?"
"It's good, it's my ace, it's my get out of jail free card".
"Wow, it must be good"
"It is it's the President telling me to break the law, on his behalf".

Yesterday morning:-

"That memory stick in the safe"
"Yes?"
"It's the 7 of clubs, the kids can download their homework on it".

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow.

The President of the United States literally caught on tape trying to commit electoral fraud.

Incredible.

In fairness, as in the interests of truth, he wasn't trying to commit fraud as he understood it. He was telling them to find enough votes for him to win, yes, but from what he believed were fraudulent activities that cast illegal ballots against him.

Bit annoyed with the way the BBC headlined it.

I had the whole tape on and it just sounded a bit desperate but their were no 'wow' moments really. Then again, perhaps there are no more of those possible with Trump.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In other times this would be a major scandal with huge repercussions. Anyone else old enough to remember the Richard Nixon tapes? However I have no doubt it will just be added to the long list of Trump indiscretions ... thank goodness he is soon gone.

Bernstein was the reporter who broke the Nixon story, and has been commenting on CNN.

Personally I hope Trump is arrested but also takes Bannon & Farage down with him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was obviously the red wave some on here were referring to. A red wave of fraud and blatant attempted bullying to produce fictional votes.

Or was this the Krakken they threatened to unleash?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Even if his attempt to massage the vote in Georgia had succeeded it still wouldn't have given him enough Electoral College vote to win the election. It begs the question were there phone calls to officials of other swing States?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bernstein was the reporter who broke the Nixon story, and has been commenting on CNN.

Personally I hope Trump is arrested but also takes Bannon & Farage down with him.

Don't forget it was Woodward and Bernstein that broke the story. Woodward had several recorded telephone conversations with Trump in preparation for a book and in those, going back to January, Trump knew how serious the virus was.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Even if his attempt to massage the vote in Georgia had succeeded it still wouldn't have given him enough Electoral College vote to win the election. It begs the question were there phone calls to officials of other swing States?

He mentions Detroit and Pennsylvania during the call. So I imagine that he has MI and PA in his sights

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here