Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thats what he does, he runs the rule over conspiracy theories. Sometimes he retracts and apologises like Pizzagate, other times he sticks with it. As I doubt you are an avid viewer I'm guessing you are just parroting something you read to make a point, this begins to warp context and is how fake news works.

I watch him on occaision, the last time was on the Joe Rogan Experiance and Joe was trying to reign him in and hold him accountable for some of the things he was saying on the show, but he is entertaining and the world needs people who will speak out.

It would help if the child could control what comes out of his gob.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/...version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Thats what he does, he runs the rule over conspiracy theories. Sometimes he retracts and apologises like Pizzagate, other times he sticks with it. As I doubt you are an avid viewer I'm guessing you are just parroting something you read to make a point, this begins to warp context and is how fake news works.

I watch him on occaision, the last time was on the Joe Rogan Experiance and Joe was trying to reign him in and hold him accountable for some of the things he was saying on the show, but he is entertaining and the world needs people who will speak out.

So you're mocking the 'mickey mouse fake news' and yet Alex Jones is 'entertaining' and the world needs him because he 'speaks out'.
The man who said of Sandy Hook “Sandy Hook is synthetic, completely fake, with actors; in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids, and it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors.”

It's hardly a slip of the tongue is it? That is some deep, ****ed up, **** wittery there, and that you even give him the time of day as a source of anything other than utter buffoonery, doesn't exactly make you look all that clever either.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So you're mocking the 'mickey mouse fake news' and yet Alex Jones is 'entertaining' and the world needs him because he 'speaks out'.
The man who said of Sandy Hook “Sandy Hook is synthetic, completely fake, with actors; in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids, and it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors.”

It's hardly a slip of the tongue is it? That is some deep, ****ed up, **** wittery there, and that you even give him the time of day as a source of anything other than utter buffoonery, doesn't exactly make you look all that clever either.

I hate Alex Jones because he is always crying wolf but regarding Sandy Hook's Robbie Parker, father of a girl who was apparently killed, he didn't look like a man who had just lost his daughter. When speaking to the public he went from laughing to preparing himself for upset mode.

https://youtu.be/7GO1jRnmh68

Very strange behaviour for a person who had just lost his 6 year old daughter and would have only just had to identify her body not long before.

I can't explain his reaction, can you?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I hate Alex Jones because he is always crying wolf but regarding Sandy Hook's Robbie Parker, father of a girl who was apparently killed, he didn't look like a man who had just lost his daughter. When speaking to the public he went from laughing to preparing himself for upset mode.

Very strange behaviour for a person who had just lost his 6 year old daughter and would have only just had to identify her body not long before.

It's not strange at all.

Nerves? Lots of people smile when they're nervous or trying to be polite.

"preparing for upset mode". Ever tried to talk about something that is incredibly upsetting? It's very easy to feel like you're holding it altogether and then fall apart.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Shock?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Someone who just lost his 6 year old daughter was acting strangely, you say?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

very strange, unprofessional behavior for a "crisis actor". its pathetic that so much can be made of one 2 sec facial expression and other peoples opinion of what someone should feel like at a moment of tragedy, then go on to deny anyone died there, no families lost any children, and even abuse people involved and deface graves.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's not strange at all.

Nerves? Lots of people smile when they're nervous or trying to be polite.

"preparing for upset mode". Ever tried to talk about something that is incredibly upsetting? It's very easy to feel like you're holding it altogether and then fall apart.

No I have never experienced the murder of a 6 year old daughter tbh. Yes people put on brave faces and crumble when speaking but he was very jolly and had to uncompose himself.

Let us not forget that this was at a time when Obama was trying to push through the gun laws, and if an event like this worked for it, it would have been a goodn thing. I am more inclined to believe that it was possibly set up for good intentions and that no child died.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Someone who just lost his 6 year old daughter was acting strangely, you say?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You may laugh and facepalm but I never saw the parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman put on anything other than brave sad faces.

You and anyone else are welcome to post any similar examples of shock that compare to Robbie Parker's under similar situations?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You may laugh and facepalm but I never saw the parents of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman put on anything other than brave sad faces.

You and anyone else are welcome to post any similar examples of shock that compare to Robbie Parker's under similar situations?

I'm not laughing at all. But I don't think it's unreasonable. It's never happened to me. I have NO CLUE how I would respond, and unless it's happened to you, you don't know either. His brain is probably completely freaking out at the time, like he's in a bizarre and horrible dream.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

McCanns are laughing all the way to the bank.

These Trump threads are so boring though, it's the same people back slapping each other, posting hilariously bias information from a social media site known for censoring opinions they disagree with. Lots and lots of propaganda all over the place.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
which is hugely ironic as the media outlets across print, TV and web that support Trump, are advocates of conspiracy theory and generally lunatic fringe of society.
And Trump himself is no stranger to airing statements without providing any proof to back them up.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Not if all they're doing is spouting random BS in the hope that some will stick long enough for a few extra seconds of the attention they crave. Aside from that, my personal opinion of Alex Jones is that he's seriously unhinged, especially from what I've read regarding Chobani.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

These Trump threads are so boring though, it's the same people back slapping each other, posting hilariously bias information from a social media site known for censoring opinions they disagree with. Lots and lots of propaganda all over the place.

I draw a line with conspiracies somewhere and this would be one of them tbh.

We do live in an age of constant propaganda though.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Alex Jones is a spotlight for issues, nobody I know gives him any gravitas intellectually. Infowars picked uo on a statistcal error where the shootings were not reported in the state police logs and ran with it. Its still nit picking at history.

He is like the Sun news paper highly quotable, like freddie star ate my hamster, or "They are putting stuff in the water thats turning the frogs gay" which contains a kernal of truth.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Meamwhile in fake news land.

ruskies.jpg

Julian Assange has stated the wikileaks dump was an inside job now the real news is unmasking who...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/16/seth-rich-wikileaks-emails-fbi/

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The senate and capital hill are crying wolf everyday it's a joke. They clearly don't like him even saying hello to the Russians and everything leaks before the end of the meetings. Funny that.

They can't leak the leaks fast enough these days, it might as well be on tap.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The senate and capital hill are crying wolf everyday it's a joke. They clearly don't like him even saying hello to the Russians and everything leaks before the end of the meetings. Funny that.

They can't leak the leaks fast enough these days, it might as well be on tap.

Trump only has himself to blame as far as the leaks are concerned. Whilst EVERY White House has to deal with leaking, under this presidency it has reached unprecedented levels. But a lot of it comes from the White House itself as Trump has put in place (or allowed to develop) a series of factions who are fighting against each other and briefing journalists accordingly. Even Trump himself has been an "unnamed source" when it has suited him.

And as for this latest scandal - one of the sources of the leak is (or has been, up until now) pro-Trump - I Know One of the Sources

This is a damning indictment of President Trump:-

I tend to take these stories about the President with a grain of salt. We have seen key details of a number of salacious stories retracted within 48 hours. The media hates the President so much that they’ll run a negative story about him without very much provocation. Anti-Trump sources embedded within the administration in the career civil service, etc. will leak to the press and confirmation bias sets in.

What sets this story apart for me, at least, is that I know one of the sources. And the source is solidly supportive of President Trump, or at least has been and was during Campaign 2016. But the President will not take any internal criticism, no matter how politely it is given. He does not want advice, cannot be corrected, and is too insecure to see any constructive feedback as anything other than an attack.

So some of the sources are left with no other option but to go to the media, leak the story, and hope that the intense blowback gives the President a swift kick in the butt. Perhaps then he will recognize he screwed up. The President cares vastly more about what the press says than what his advisers say. That is a real problem and one his advisers are having to recognize and use, even if it causes messy stories to get outside the White House perimeter.

I am told that what the President did is actually far worse than what is being reported. The President does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources. He also does not seem to appreciate that his loose lips can get valuable assets in the field killed.

You can call these sources disloyal, traitors, or whatever you want. But please ask yourself a question — if the President, through inexperience and ignorance, is jeopardizing our national security and will not take advice or corrective action, what other means are available to get the President to listen and recognize the error of his ways?

This is a real problem and I treat this story very seriously because I know just how credible, competent, and serious — as well as seriously pro-Trump, at least one of the sources is.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

This one in particular.
Certain posters need to find something else to fill their summer.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
This is only the President of the United States we're talking about. The most powerful man in the world. After months of controversy, which has become the "norm" of his Presidency, comes news of extremely serious allegations that he tried to stop an FBI investigation. That is an impeachable action. Not to mention allegations of a huge cover-up. The bottom line is Donald Trump is a liar who's way out of his depth. It's a total mess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here