Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm aware that a US President can only serve two terms of four years.

So if Trump loses this election can he stand as a candidate again in 4 years time?

Has this been done previously?

It's been done once before - Grover Cleveland lost to Harrison in 1888 but came back four years later. He could have served for a third term but the Democrats replaced him as a candidate (by William Bryan, who lost to McKinlay)

Here endeth the history lesson ...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You’re being too generous. If people think that they’re clearly thick.

funny .....all these people looking at Trump./Biden , meanwhile our countries (UK , AUS and probably numerous others ) are being shafted by their political masters ....very , very sad ..................i for one will piss myself if Trump wins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
funny .....all these people looking at Trump./Biden , meanwhile our countries (UK , AUS and probably numerous others ) are being shafted by their political masters ....very , very sad ..................i for one will piss myself if Trump wins.

What’s this got to do with my post?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuine question - what does everyone think Trump does once the result is declared to Biden?

- Flee the country
- Commit suicide
- Go into hiding for a while, then start up TrumpTV (his supposed original plan prior to winning in 2016) - whilst continuing to fight in endless court battles
- Other?

I really have no idea what happens next to this oddball.

Or
- Keep posting in this thread, pretending that you're not bothered by internal US politics. Ego preventing an end to the faux dance, embarrassed to me admit THAT YOUR ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AND BITTER ABOUT BIDEN'S WIN.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or
- Keep posting in this thread, pretending that your not bothered by internal US politics. Ego preventing an end to the faux dance, embarrassed to me admit THAT YOUR ABSOLUTELY GUTTED AND BITTER ABOUT BIDEN'S WIN.

I'm guessing this isn't aimed at me...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuine question - what does everyone think Trump does once the result is declared to Biden?

- Flee the country
- Commit suicide
- Go into hiding for a while, then start up TrumpTV (his supposed original plan prior to winning in 2016) - whilst continuing to fight in endless court battles
- Other?

I really have no idea what happens next to this oddball.

He’ll hunker down at that tacky golf club thing he owns in Florida and Tweet, and Tweet, and Tweet, and Tweet......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He will end up in jail.

I'm not so sure - I can't tell if it's wishful thinking on my part or not.

I feel like he will try to cut a deal - perhaps keep his mouth shut about some pretty top level secrets he no doubt now has in return for a pardon/softer sentencing?

I just feel like - with a few notable exceptions - people that "rich" and powerful don't tend to go to prison.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Trump won Florida, then declares victory, shit scared of the 10m’s of early votes, because everyone knew that Democrats voted early in huge numbers.

The equivalent of the sulky kid who walks off with his ball at a setback.

Tosser.

I think my new system is a great solution to all elections/votes. Highly efficient. Gets final result instantly and extremely cost effective.

Often.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No way, you're always on the side of kindness :smile:

Just giving another outcome to NSC's who bizarrely swoon over a racist, hater of a US president.

Where's [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]? Buried under the landslide, or washed away by the Tsunami sized Red Wave!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No way, you're always on the side of kindness :smile:

Just giving another outcome to NSC's who bizarrely swoon over a racist, hater of a US president.

Now look what you've done. I'm having to put up with his idiocy on the Brexit thread because of you :rolleyes:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
He will end up in jail.

Alternatively, if he loses the election, all he needs to do is resign before the inauguration date in January, whereupon Mike Pence will become president for a short period, and be able to give Trump a pre-emptive presidential pardon for the crimes he’s accused of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here