Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
S'ok... Must be making a new Zombie Apocalyps movie as no other reason to put troops in gas masks on the street at night.

If by troops you mean soldiers, that's incorrect. The pic shows plod in military gear. Dress them ploddly or call in the army.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They have Police patches... But doubt they are Plod. marshals maybe but definitely Federal Agents of some description.

Yup. Its the patches that would worry me. Take them away and you'd see trained soldiers which while not what you'd want in a residential setting would be more reassuring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah the good old days of harmless lies that never killed anyone.

[tweet]1284681898954981383[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe he meant Michelin Man of the Year?

c38ae7ab3ee7755d4c943cdfdb3c388d.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah the good old days of harmless lies that never killed anyone.

[tweet]1284681898954981383[/tweet]

He is the absolute textbook definition of a compulsive liar, isn’t he.

He literally can’t open his mouth (or jab his thumbs at Twitter) without feeling the need to embellish, bullshit, exaggerate and outright lie, with not even the smallest, slightest shred of guilt or shame.

Someone wrote a book exposing and analysing Trump’s long history of cheating at golf, a lot of which manifests itself in Kim Jong-Un levels of ridiculous claims. It was the perfect microcosm of - and metaphor for - the way that non-stop lying shapes every moment of his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
:facepalm:

Trump says he will win the election in November against an opponent who is “mentally shot”.

Trump then continues his tactics of depicting Biden as a tool of the “radical left”.

“He will destroy this country, but it won’t be him, it will be the radical left – the same ideology that took over Venezuela… they now have no water or medicine ... the same will happen here.

Disturbingly, he then refuses to say he will accept the result of the election. “Can you give a direct answer you will accept the election?” asks Wallace.

“I have to see ... I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes,” says the president.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9425852 said:
:facepalm:

Trump says he will win the election in November against an opponent who is “mentally shot”.

Trump then continues his tactics of depicting Biden as a tool of the “radical left”.

“He will destroy this country, but it won’t be him, it will be the radical left – the same ideology that took over Venezuela… they now have no water or medicine ... the same will happen here.

Disturbingly, he then refuses to say he will accept the result of the election. “Can you give a direct answer you will accept the election?” asks Wallace.

“I have to see ... I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes,” says the president.

That is a very real issue. No way Trump just quits if beaten. As stupid as it sounds, I wouldn't put it past him to encourage the heavily armed elements of his base to rise up. Also very possible he would chew a pistol - even though he's a massive coward, his cowardice might be outweighed by his egotism.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9425852 said:
“I have to see ... I have to see. No, I’m not going to just say yes,” says the president.[/I]

think comments like that just play against him amongst moderate Republicans, and the establishment.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
That is a very real issue. No way Trump just quits if beaten. As stupid as it sounds, I wouldn't put it past him to encourage the heavily armed elements of his base to rise up. Also very possible he would chew a pistol - even though he's a massive coward, his cowardice might be outweighed by his egotism.

This is quite a good article explaining some of the ways Trump could attempt to cling to power, in the event of a close election, here's just one of them:

...on the evening of 3 November, he loses the popular vote by a margin even greater than the 3 million votes by which Hillary beat him in 2016 – but the count of votes cast on the day puts him narrowly ahead in one or two key states. He promptly declares victory, claiming that the millions of votes that were cast as absentee ballots – by voters anxious to avoid polling stations because of Covid-19 – should be disqualified as fraudulent. He has a motive to do that, since mail-in votes often skew Democratic. And he has a precedent for it: in a tight senate race in Florida in 2018, Trump urged the state to stop counting the votes and go with the election night results, which favoured Republicans.

Full article, with more ways here: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/17/trump-biden-win-democrat-landslide

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
His people are very pleased with the number of followers he has. I'll bet most of them only do it because he's a 24 hour comedy show and completely mad.

Having followed him for a few years for exactly that reason, one thing that I've noticed lately is that there are fewer and fewer "normal" people defending him, as opposed to trolls and bots that blindly praise him whatever he writes. I'd say that says more about his November chances than any poll.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
The 'election was rigged' has been a line used by Democrats in the past (Florida when Bush won). The question of Trump not accepting defeat has been asked and apparently the security in the White House will forcibly eject him.

I'm unsure to what extent anyone will rise up on his behalf. His supporters are a varied bunch, ranging from those who would vote for a shoebox rather than a democrat to the Christian conservative right. A lot of the physical support he has relates to giving the thumbs up to action against certain left groups. There's a difference between this and going against the constitution.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The 'election was rigged' has been a line used by Democrats in the past (Florida when Bush won). The question of Trump not accepting defeat has been asked and apparently the security in the White House will forcibly eject him.

I'm unsure to what extent anyone will rise up on his behalf. His supporters are a varied bunch, ranging from those who would vote for a shoebox rather than a democrat to the Christian conservative right. A lot of the physical support he has relates to giving the thumbs up to action against certain left groups. There's a difference between this and going against the constitution.

One thing that's almost certain, is that if Trump refuses to accept defeat and is forcibly removed from the White House some of his nutty supporters will end up shooting someone. :(

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9426525 said:
One thing that's almost certain, is that if Trump refuses to accept defeat and is forcibly removed from the White House some of his nutty supporters will end up shooting someone. :(

Possibly, but for thesake of balance let's remember that both sides have a lunatic fringe. Remember the Bernie campaigner who shot at Republicans at the charity baseball game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here