Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think a lot of military historians would be gasping at the idea that the Americans won two world wars - the first was virtually finished by the time the first GIs arrived.

*Puts hand up*

Personally I don't believe anyone actually "won" the First World War. The western powers were "winning" at the point of armistice, and in hindsight it was a mistake not to push forward further and actually finish the war in 1919 with an occupation of Germany itself (given this was arguably one of the defining characteristics of the growth of Nazism was that Germany hadn't lost but had been "stabbed in the back" by it's leaders, which in turn was why the Allies demanded the unconditional surrender of Germany as a precondition for peace at Casablanca in 1943 and reiterated at Yalta in 1944), but they had not actually won the war (after all there wasn't a single significant battle on German soil after a few initial skirmishes in 1914 with the French). The US tropps arriving provided additional manpower to finally overwhelm the Germans, but they were already in retreat before then and couldn't have won the war (or at least taken Paris and knocked the French out of the war, which would have forced peace with the British) after about mid-1916.

As for the Second World War, the Americans and the British could not have achieved what they did without each other (the British needed American manpower and weaponry, the Americans needed British know-how and a handy invasion point, you can't invade an occupied France from the US). The Soviet Union could have won it alone, but what state it would have been in having done so doesn't bear thinking about, and nor can we expect the Red Army to have stopped at Berlin, or even at the German border. The Iron Curtain could easily have descended from Murmansk to Biarritz (assuming the Wehrmacht had completely collapsed).

Had Trump said the US had prevented Europe falling en masse into the clutches of the USSR (alongside the UK) then he'd have been absolutely correct, but I suspect even if he wasn't dim enough to not know that the morons who back him certainly aren't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
More Trump trolling...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although the first I'm guessing this won't be the last reference of this book, over the next few weeks:-

trumpy.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why does that photo look like it'll be engulfed in flames while the theme from The World At War plays?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Lincoln Project is great. A bunch of disaffected Republicans hitting Trump hard where they know it will hurt him the most.

I know a few democratic friends who have donated to this, they think it's a very effective political group with some clever advertising which is dedicated to preventing Trump getting re-elected. In fact they seem to think the LP's approach is much better than the Democrat's. It seems to be getting results and it's giving moderate, middle of the road Republicans something to think about with its critical deconstruction of Trump. They have also endorsed Joe Biden

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Although the first I'm guessing this won't be the last reference of this book, over the next few weeks:-

View attachment 125823

A book in which the author says her uncle is a sociopath, suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder as well as a long undiagnosed learning disability.

Who would have thought this could possibly apply to Trump?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Trump now mocking Dr Fauci an ‘expert’ he didn’t listen to on various issues and he (DT) was proved correct in each case.

Ungrateful, disrespectful, bitchy, delusional from The Commander In Chief towards a respected expert.

Well, if he's right, the world is looking at the USA in admiration for how they've handled Covid-19. Although, that's a bit strange because certainly here in my little corner of Canada, no-one wants the border with the US re-opened yet. Not unless we can soak them in bleach first - or perhaps inject them with disinfectant.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Well, if he's right, the world is looking at the USA in admiration for how they've handled Covid-19. Although, that's a bit strange because certainly here in my little corner of Canada, no-one wants the border with the US re-opened yet. Not unless we can soak them in bleach first - or perhaps inject them with disinfectant.

Just curious about your signature and wondering what's your connection to it? I think he's in hiding at the moment, but from what I've heard it's his wife who pulls the strings and sounds like a bit of a cow, to be honest. Now estranged to her daughter after she accused Ortega of sexual abuse as a child :facepalm: The sooner that family is booted out the better for Nicaragua, it's an absolutely fantastic country with a bright future once they get the leadership they deserve!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Trump now mocking Dr Fauci an ‘expert’ he didn’t listen to on various issues and he (DT) was proved correct in each case.

Ungrateful, disrespectful, bitchy, delusional from The Commander In Chief towards a respected expert.

Interesting that when Trump suggests drinking disinfectant or shoving a bright light up your arse to cure Covid-19, the experts were models of decorum instead of rolling around the floor laughing. Just goes to show, you can be professional about these things, if you are not a narcissist or sociopath.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting that when Trump suggests drinking disinfectant or shoving a bright light up your arse to cure Covid-19, the experts were models of decorum instead of rolling around the floor laughing. Just goes to show, you can be professional about these things, if you are not a narcissist or sociopath.

The juxtaposition of the objective class of a scientist, versus a classless liar.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Interesting developments with Kanye. Seems to be running on a Conservative ticket, might pull voters away from Trump.

The idea of him being there to take votes away from Biden only works if he can echo him and if you have a very disciplined campaign. Kanye and Trump aren't likeky to have that relationship. At some point one will turn on the other.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting developments with Kanye. Seems to be running on a Conservative ticket, might pull voters away from Trump.

The idea of him being there to take votes away from Biden only works if he can echo him and if you have a very disciplined campaign. Kanye and Trump aren't likeky to have that relationship. At some point one will turn on the other.

Isn't he aiming for the black Democrat vote ?

Don't know, but these candidates don't have a history of massive polling.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Isn't he aiming for the black Democrat vote ?

Don't know, but these candidates don't have a history of massive polling.

That was the assumption, but it's a bit of an insulting generalisation the more you think about it (and by that I don't mean you personally!) People tend to vote in the US more along other lines. For example Trump got more of the Latino vote in 2016 than expected, despite running an anti-immigration campaign. This has been understood from the perspective of him running on the anti-abortion, Conservative values etc ticket.

Where it could get very interesting is where Kanye goes off script and starts appealing to the same base as Trump. Even worse if he starts becoming more popular. There are anecdotes going way back of Trump leaving the room if a rival celeb turned up and who then got more attention.

Politically this has also been the case within his own administration. If you had a disciplined politician running this lane it would tough. But you have Kanye and the two could end up at loggerheads in a heartbeat.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Kanye is showing himself up as more of a nutter than I already thought he was.

Regarding the development of a Covid-19 vaccine, he said: “It’s so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralysed … So when they say the way we’re going to fix covid is with a vaccine, I’m extremely cautious. That’s the mark of the beast.

“They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kanye is showing himself up as more of a nutter than I already thought he was.

Regarding the development of a Covid-19 vaccine, he said: “It’s so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralysed … So when they say the way we’re going to fix covid is with a vaccine, I’m extremely cautious. That’s the mark of the beast.

“They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven.”
And with that last sentence he's just won 35% of the electorate.

Nutter you say...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here