Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The reporter should do exactly what Trump instructed her to do. She should, in front of cameras, go to the Chinese embassy and ask "Why is this a global competition to President Trump when Americans are losing their lives every day?".

I was watching on CNN last night.

He hates it when he is shown up by a reporter and he doesn't have an answer.

He really hates it when he is shown up by a female reporter and he doesn't have an answer.

He really really hates it when he is shown up by a female reporter of colour and he doesn't have an answer.

He is a complete joke of a world leader

Perhaps he needs a more forceful spokesman :)

https://youtu.be/s2n87YKSjrA

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trump's still trolling, then? :rolleyes:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting to see that Trump, along with Johnson both struggle with actually showing leadership and both wilt when confronted with genuine problems that can't be sorted out with slogans.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
the guy was wearing work boots and carrying a hammer, the rifle went of when he grabbed it and pulled it when attacking those who tried to detain him as there had been A spate of burglaries in the area, in a defacto gated community miles from where he lived. Possibly could be murder or manslaughter although this was febuary ,but makes good copy for the fake news.

jogg.jpg

In the interest of balance, after I read your input I looked up the best indicator of its truth.

The witness statement. This is available online.

The witnesses claimed he 'violently attacked' one of them.

There is NO mention of him having ANY weapon. This despite their claim they were fearful that he might have one.

Had he pulled a weapon they would have said so.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"The Georgia Bureau of Investigations' report, dated April 1, includes a description of what Ahmaud had on during the fatal shooting. He was wearing a white t-shirt, tan cargo shorts, gray athletic shoes and 2 tan bandanas ... all of which were bloodstained."

No mention of work boots or hammers there either pal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We've had long experience of making things up so inventing work boots and hammers is par for the course. What I don't get is his description of "fake news". Absolutely no-one is denying that this guy was killed and two people have been charged with his homicide. What could possibly be "fake" about that?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump’s a disgraceful person on every level. That’s all.

The thing you say is he is a man of conviction, he is as racist as they come and doesn't hide it

A few very different character to Johnson who is not racist by nature, but will happily act in a racist manner if it result in a net sum gain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thing you say is he is a man of conviction, he is as racist as they come and doesn't hide it

A few very different character to Johnson who is not racist by nature, but will happily act in a racist manner if it result in a net sum gain

You don’t think referring to black Africans as ‘picaninies’ or Muslim women as looking like ‘bank robbers or letterboxes’ is any indication of inherent prejudices?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When I think there is no way trump will win the next election, the opposition pull this stuff out the bag

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday

Just gets trump more supporters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I think there is no way trump will win the next election, the opposition pull this stuff out the bag

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/11/...risty-smith-mike-garcia-katie-hill/index.html

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You don’t think referring to black Africans as ‘picaninies’ or Muslim women as looking like ‘bank robbers or letterboxes’ is any indication of inherent prejudices?

I'd say he is casually racist in his language sometimes, but actually quite political liberal compared to other Tories. He definitely isn't anti EU, at least wasn't until very recently. Managed to get his legal people to cover up his conversions post Brexit with EU Ambassadors regarding his wish to continue freedom of movement.

He also loves splashing the cash on vanity projects which is unusual for a Tory.

The problem with Boris is that he is an opportunist and his actual political beliefs are irrelevant. He only took on the anti-EU cause because...

1) He thought the UK would vote to stay in the EU.

2) The anti EU sentiment would be enough to damage Cameron and he would stand down.

3) He would become a populist PM who would be publicly against the EU but have the insurance that the UK would still be a member. Basically a cake and eat it Thatcher V2.

He has no plan other than himself. He isn't anything like Trump, he's just a modern day Jeffrey Archer.

Like Archer, his past will eventually catch up and the Tories will dump him when they realise there isn't much there if he hasn't got a blank cheque to sign. Got to be the first PM to sack his chancellor for being too prudent.

Fundamentally, he just isn't right wing enough for them.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

Unfortunately this may be the case, he may well win again due to being able to spin doctor his way out of the mess he is in, and his ability to blame the Democratic Governors who run the main money making States, who are having to make the no win decisions every day.

From the perspective of someone living in and around the LA area, shit here is not good. There are more deaths and cases being reported here every day, with over half of all deaths and cases in California being registered in LA. California is the geographical size of the UK, with about 40 million people living in the State. LA County is home to 10 million of those people, or 25% of all people that live in California. It is packed, condensed and everyone basically lives outdoors 365 days a year. The coastline of Los Angeles is officially recorded at 27 miles, which from a rough estimation is from Eastbourne to Worthing....with 10 million people more often than not trying enjoy the benefits of the beach all year round.

My point is, without being over the top cautious, shit could get really, really bad here. Just as we are all watching how the Football leagues are trying to juggle Health + Income + Impatient customers, LA has the same shitfest to face, possibly with more financial woes to consider. The whole of the film, TV and advertising industry is based there, let alone all the side businesses that survive on the back of that one single industry. Long Beach harbor is the single biggest port on the West Coast that receives around 300,000+ containers each month to supply the whole country, should that port go down hard with cases, the rest of the country will start to see major disruptions in the supply chains for literally everything that is consumed.

The end result may well be Trumpster back in power, but it will be down to the short sighted Septics (not all of them I should say) that I have the displeasure to encounter everyday, that have neither travelled, are educated or have the ability to think of anyone but themselves. Unfortunately, these are people that are allowed to vote, often based on a knee jerk reaction rather than thinking about the big picture and long game.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'd say he is casually racist in his language sometimes, but actually quite political liberal compared to other Tories.

This isn’t the 1970’s. if you are casually racist in your language, and these are often not words that have slipped out but have been written down and considered, it is fair in 2020 for others to conclude you are, well, racist.

Agree with the rest of your post.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Unfortunately this may be the case, he may well win again due to being able to spin doctor his way out of the mess he is in, and his ability to blame the Democratic Governors who run the main money making States, who are having to make the no win decisions every day.

From the perspective of someone living in and around the LA area, shit here is not good. There are more deaths and cases being reported here every day, with over half of all deaths and cases in California being registered in LA. California is the geographical size of the UK, with about 40 million people living in the State. LA County is home to 10 million of those people, or 25% of all people that live in California. It is packed, condensed and everyone basically lives outdoors 365 days a year. The coastline of Los Angeles is officially recorded at 27 miles, which from a rough estimation is from Eastbourne to Worthing....with 10 million people more often than not trying enjoy the benefits of the beach all year round.

My point is, without being over the top cautious, shit could get really, really bad here. Just as we are all watching how the Football leagues are trying to juggle Health + Income + Impatient customers, LA has the same shitfest to face, possibly with more financial woes to consider. The whole of the film, TV and advertising industry is based there, let alone all the side businesses that survive on the back of that one single industry. Long Beach harbor is the single biggest port on the West Coast that receives around 300,000+ containers each month to supply the whole country, should that port go down hard with cases, the rest of the country will start to see major disruptions in the supply chains for literally everything that is consumed.

The end result may well be Trumpster back in power, but it will be down to the short sighted Septics (not all of them I should say) that I have the displeasure to encounter everyday, that have neither travelled, are educated or have the ability to think of anyone but themselves. Unfortunately, these are people that are allowed to vote, often based on a knee jerk reaction rather than thinking about the big picture and long game.

Good to get a view from someone in the area.

The problem for the stats governors is they made such a big deal about them being the ones with all the power to open up Trump can just wash his hands of the damage to the economy “Well I wanted to open up and save jobs, but I wasn’t allowed etc”

It’s a balancing act - from an outsiders POV - it would have made sense to extend a month at a time rather than do it all at once, which takes them close to the election season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here