Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are you actually capable of posting without Whattaboutery?? :lolol::lolol:

Anyway i have had a quick look at your evidence, and without the original article from CNN it is hard to descipher if Musk has exposed them as flat out liars as you first suggested

Or if the there was:

a) both some confusion with the definition of the ventilators in question, as described in this quote from your link

b) some sketchy information from what would appear to have been a solid sorce from the California governor Newsom's Office of Emergency Services. As described in this quote from your article

As previously mentioned it is hard to critically evaluate your statement without all the necessary evidence. to my mind you still need to produce evidence that shows the promises made and the CNN article that claims he didn't deliver. Without these things it is impossible to address the above points either way. I may of course have missed it in the article you posted (multi tasking is shitful at the best of times but needs must.

So can you produce evidence showing these two? (It is now clear that the hospitals did tweet their receipt of some ventilators.)

- the promises that Musk made

- The CNN article that claims he didn't deliver

This would appear to be the original CNN report to which Biggums is referring - Elon Musk's promised ventilators never delivered to California hospitals, governor's office says

If it is, I'm really not sure why Biggums is getting his knickers in a twist (well, I have an inkling). CNN directly report Governor Newsom's original remarks about Musk's offer; they report Musk's tweets; and they directly report the Governor's Office of Emergency Services. They also reference the original reporting by the Sacramento Bee, which itself uses a column by the FT's Alphaville.

Seems pretty clear that there was a misunderstanding over the use of the term "ventilators". Musk purchased Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure Machines and supplied them to various hospitals. These are not the "invasive" machines (which are generally known as "ventilators") that Covid-19 patients in serious condition typically need.

So when Biggums says:-

He promised to supply medical equipment to Californian hospitals.

CNN ran with a negative story that he hadn't, one can only guess to smear his name otherwise why run it.

He then came out with plenty of evidence that he had as promised provided the equipment.

They didn't even bother doing 5 minutes of fact checking for the story. Then when exposed they doubled down rather that admit they got it wrong and apologise.

...it looks to me like CNN published a well-researched, fact-checked story. Biggums is the one who has failed to provide any evidence of his claims and has distorted the facts. Must do better, chap.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This would appear to be the original CNN report to which Biggums is referring - Elon Musk's promised ventilators never delivered to California hospitals, governor's office says

If it is, I'm really not sure why Biggums is getting his knickers in a twist (well, I have an inkling). CNN directly report Governor Newsom's original remarks about Musk's offer; they report Musk's tweets; and they directly report the Governor's Office of Emergency Services. They also reference the original reporting by the Sacramento Bee, which itself uses a column by the FT's Alphaville.

Seems pretty clear that there was a misunderstanding over the use of the term "ventilators". Musk purchased Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure Machines and supplied them to various hospitals. These are not the "invasive" machines (which are generally known as "ventilators") that Covid-19 patients in serious condition typically need.

So when Biggums says:-

...it looks to me like CNN published a well-researched, fact-checked story. Biggums is the one who has failed to provide any evidence of his claims and has distorted the facts. Must do better, chap.

Thanks AZ, I wonder if that is the article in question as it is hard to see how someone could critically evaluate this piece and come to the conclusion that CNN are "Flat our Liars". Well not without a huge bias or agenda.

One thing seems to be proven anyway. It now appears obvious why he has taken so long to provide any evidence of "flat out liars".

Think it's best I leave all the man babies incapable of any kind of critical thinking to their circle jerk. Some of the poor petals are getting way to upset for having their bullshit called out.

'Calling out bullshit' indeed. :lolol::facepalm::whistle:

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm giving up posting links to anything to substantiate information as nobody ever views or reads them anyway.

Apparently anything that challenges the totally biased nature of a view that can be proven false is 'propaganda".

You just couldn't make up this kind of bullshit :lol:

Although that IS what you do.

You've been shown up on this thread alone more than once as talking out of your arse. As one poster said, you belch out multiple arguments with your aggressive scatter gun approach which means anyone who has a normal life to lead, mostly can't be arsed. But when people do, you get shown up. It's like listening to that creep Aaron Banks explaining his business dealings. After a while you lose the will to live and just let him get on being the creep he is.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It’s just one poster really, isn’t it? Just put him on ignore. You’ll miss nothing worthwhile, will you?

As a moderator, I have nobody on ignore, as obviously I need to watch what is being posted. I can’t fathom why anyone else would choose to have their eyes subjected to this particular dullard’s propaganda-heavy tedious stream of bilge.

I've also considered putting Biggums on ignore, in order to be able to participate in this thread without being subjected to his beyond-pathetic one-man "stream of bilge" show.

But if I do, then I'd also miss all his invaluable contributions to the other parts of this community. His incisive comments on the Albion's tactics. His constructive musings on possible transfer targets. His witty efforts in the Joke du Jour threads. His supportive and friendly advice to others on everything from IT problems to getting through this current crisis.

Because it's not as if he only ever posts in just this one thread, is it? As if his sole involvement in NSC is trolling relentless whattaboutery on Trump? I mean, come on, that would be ridiculous. Who could be that sad?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've also considered putting Biggums on ignore, in order to be able to participate in this thread without being subjected to his beyond-pathetic one-man "stream of bilge" show.

But if I do, then I'd also miss all his invaluable contributions to the other parts of this community. His incisive comments on the Albion's tactics. His constructive musings on possible transfer targets. His witty efforts in the Joke du Jour threads. His supportive and friendly advice to others on everything from IT problems to getting through this current crisis.

Because it's not as if he only ever posts in just this one thread, is it? As if his sole involvement in NSC is trolling relentless whattaboutery on Trump? I mean, come on, that would be ridiculous. Who could be that sad?

By this of course you mean 'using his critical thinking to call out bullshit? :lolol::lolol:

'Or perhaps using his bullshit to call out critical thinking' is more accurate

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought he excelled himself when I watched the clip of Trump saying that he has single handedly saved millions of lives, because if anyone else was in charge there would have been a war with North Korea and the world would have been destroyed.
Oh and by the way we would have won.
Even for me, there are no words to even describe this man that would fit.
That little ramble through the most obscure and least used area of his brain was one of his best. As someone said about a thousand posts back.... " Lord help us.., Biff from Back to The Future" is running the USA! "

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It’s building up into a announcement in due course, but being childish he can barely contain himself, that covid19 was created in a Wuhan lab and leaked accidentally or maybe deliberately to destabilise economic rivals of Cheina. He’ll opt for biological warfare ... it’s more distracting. Watch this space folks.

[A BBC scientist sauce this morning said that it is quite feasible that the former could’ve of and did happen, possibly unknowingly at the time, but virtually impossible to prove].

Did you hear Trump say tonight that “the virus will be gone, gone, gone”? Pinched from one of the old hipsters favourite tracks:
As an aside from Biggums getting absolutely OWNED on this thread, Kelly Rowland > Beyonce. Singing wise and "being ridiculously hot" wise as well.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Are you actually capable of posting without Whattaboutery?? :lolol::lolol:

Whattaboutery is the new way to expose blatant hypocrites. it's what they cry when exposed.

Anyway i have had a quick look at your evidence, and without the original article from CNN it is hard to descipher if Musk has exposed them as flat out liars as you first suggested

Or if the there was:

a) both some confusion with the definition of the ventilators in question, as described in this quote from your link

b) some sketchy information from what would appear to have been a solid sorce from the California governor Newsom's Office of Emergency Services. As described in this quote from your article

As previously mentioned it is hard to critically evaluate your statement without all the necessary evidence. to my mind you still need to produce evidence that shows the promises made and the CNN article that claims he didn't deliver. Without these things it is impossible to address the above points either way. I may of course have missed it in the article you posted (multi tasking is shitful at the best of times but needs must.

So can you produce evidence showing these two? (It is now clear that the hospitals did tweet their receipt of some ventilators.)

- the promises that Musk made

- The CNN article that claims he didn't deliver

Original article.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/business/elon-musk-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

I believe I said in my original post that CNN didn't even spend 5 minutes fact checking.

Mammoth Hospital also said it received 10 bilevel machines from Tesla. "They're not full ventilators but there are lots of people that need breathing assistance," a spokesperson said, calling the donation "very gracious."

"They have been distributed to hospitals in our system and are being used as intended," said Kathleen Piché, Director of Public Information for L.A. County Department of Health Services. "These units are used for breathing and airway support, reducing the need for certain patients to be placed on mechanical ventilation."

He said he'd provide 1000 ventilators. He did that. CNN has doubled down by trying to shit on his contributions by stating they aren't the kind "they" thought should be delivered.

No doubt some blame lies with Tesla for not returning CNNs call. But even if they don't, that doesn't mean your reporter doesn't then go and fact check before they print false information.

Here's a great resource for finding out if those providing who you get your news from should be trusted.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You just couldn't make up this kind of bullshit :lol:

Although that IS what you do.

You've been shown up on this thread alone more than once as talking out of your arse. As one poster said, you belch out multiple arguments with your aggressive scatter gun approach which means anyone who has a normal life to lead, mostly can't be arsed. But when people do, you get shown up. It's like listening to that creep Aaron Banks explaining his business dealings. After a while you lose the will to live and just let him get on being the creep he is.

The way Trump triggers supposed grown men is amazingly entertaining. It's like a giant man baby triggering another group of man babies.

Thanks for your normal weak snipe contribution though by the way. It's all you contribute.

People like Glenn Greenwald would destroy you in a debate which is the funniest thing, yet that's whose views I've posted often. You keep on pretending you're owning people there champ :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’ve watched many of these, this was tame, DT wasn’t in bullying :wanker: mode

I agree. It was a fairy uneventful press conference by recent standards.

I heard a political commentator on the radio yesterday say that they believe Trump is becoming deeply bored of the whole Covid-19 issue and he didnt run for President to end up dealing with a pandemic. Trump's attention span on subjects other than himself is notoriously low so there is probably some truth in this.

It is interesting to see the increasing level of alarm that some States are re-opening already because of a lack of adequate social or welfare provision. I fear this thing is going to rip through those States (and neighbouring States) in a way that just shouldn't be allowed in the developed world.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can watch this again and again....

I'd never heard of this guy previously but have now subscribed to the YouTube channel. If you haven't already fully recommend you watch some of the other videos, where they basically interview Trump supporters in various situations and give them enough rope to be able to make absolute idiots of themselves. It's outstanding satire and I can't think of any equivalent British comedians doing the same at the moment, even though there'd be plenty of material out there as indicated by some of the Brexit vox pops done over the past 4 years and some of the callers to James O'Brian.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I heard a political commentator on the radio yesterday say that they believe Trump is becoming deeply bored of the whole Covid-19 issue and he didnt run for President to end up dealing with a pandemic. Trump's attention span on subjects other than himself is notoriously low so there is probably some truth in this.

It is interesting to see the increasing level of alarm that some States are re-opening already because of a lack of adequate social or welfare provision. I fear this thing is going to rip through those States (and neighbouring States) in a way that just shouldn't be allowed in the developed world.

He's looked bored throughout the whole "fake news" pandemic, childishly fidgeting and swaying as the Dr's speak. The grown-up with control of an atomic arsenal.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Completely agree. But describing the USA as part of "the developed world" is definitely pushing it a bit when it comes to healthcare. Or rather, it is developed to make money rather than save lives.

cost1.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Completely agree. But describing the USA as part of "the developed world" is definitely pushing it a bit when it comes to healthcare. Or rather, it is developed to make money rather than save lives.

View attachment 122625

And within their figures, would be a huge disparity between those who can for the best healthcare, and the have little's.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And within their figures, would be a huge disparity between those who can for the best healthcare, and the have little's.

Yep.

Plus they are sold the lie that we, in the UK pay way more tax because we have the NHS.

I did some figures for a client a few years ago and on an income of around £40k the difference was about £200 a year. And then you have to have insurance. And then even the best insurance doesn't cover you for everything (kid gets a rare form of cancer, screw you, pay us).

It's so ****ed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here