Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I know you have something to say, but your game is I have got to guess what you are thinking right? Just spit it out, and be direct I haven't got time

Everything we read, hear and watch is an opinion, yes and?

No, some things we read are facts and some are opinions.
And then some are opinions dressed up as facts (dogma).
And then some are deliberately incorrect facts dressed up as facts (fake news).

Many people are unable to distinguish between the above, or at least cast doubt where appropriate.
It is key for democracy to work properly that people are able to get hold of correct information.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'EXCLUSIVE: Sealed Indictment granted against Donald Trump'

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

'By Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.'

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Many people are unable to distinguish between the above, or at least cast doubt where appropriate.
It is key for democracy to work properly that people are able to get hold of correct information.

Indeed. Democracy is under severe threat from kremlin weaponised fake news in Putin's hybrid war against us and our aliies.

The tide has turned; Putin is losing each battle in that war now. Once Trumpski is removed and jailed, then the counterstrike on Putin will be severe and sanctions will reach a whole new level.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
'EXCLUSIVE: Sealed Indictment granted against Donald Trump'

https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/exclusive-sealed-indictment-granted-against-donald-trump/

'By Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor

Separate sources with links to the intelligence and justice communities have stated that a sealed indictment has been granted against Donald Trump.

While it is understood that the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means that, until Mr. Trump is impeached, he cannot be prosecuted, sources say that the indictment is intended by the FBI and prosecutors in the Justice Department to form the basis of Mr. Trump’s impeachment. The indictment is, perhaps uniquely, not intended or expected to be used for prosecution, sources say, because of the constitutional position of the President.'

I always have a little bit of doubt with Louise Mensch letting her imagination get a little carried away, buy Claude Taylor is 100% sound.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yes I know that bashing Trump is fashionable, but all those who are anti Trump must have been unconscious for the last 16 years. The incompetence of Bush & Blair turning Iraq into a war zone based on lies and deception, and giving fertile ground for Islamic extremism to breed and spread, followed by the Obama & Cameron lunacy of taking out Gaddafi and leaving all his weapons to be distributed all over Africa and into the hands of other extremist groups and causing a migrant crisis with people being chased out of a land where they were once safe. Causing unrest in Syria and providing arms and training the so called rebels which has led to a devastating 6 year war and the displacement of millions. Hillary Clinton supported all this aggression, death and destruction.

All of you currently bad mouthing David Bellotti and Bill Archer should remember that they replaced Barry Lloyd who has brought this club to its knees. They have brought in Liam Brady, an internationally respected footballer. They will back him to bring Premier League football to the Goldstone.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Yes I know that bashing Trump is fashionable, but all those who are anti Trump must have been unconscious for the last 16 years. The incompetence of Bush & Blair turning Iraq into a war zone based on lies and deception, and giving fertile ground for Islamic extremism to breed and spread, followed by the Obama & Cameron lunacy of taking out Gaddafi and leaving all his weapons to be distributed all over Africa and into the hands of other extremist groups and causing a migrant crisis with people being chased out of a land where they were once safe. Causing unrest in Syria and providing arms and training the so called rebels which has led to a devastating 6 year war and the displacement of millions. Hillary Clinton supported all this aggression, death and destruction.

We are in a much better place without that warmongering bitch leading the way and all the ********s like her and John McCaine only have eyes for a New World Order no matter the cost in lives and countries destroyed along the way.

https://youtu.be/IdUGO1k1s78

At least Trump isn’t a puppet being controlled by the senate, and that Comey is a slimy toad and deserved to be fired because he is in it with the rest.

Blaming Russia for Trump getting elected through interference is hypocritical and just childish petty bullshit because the US have always directly and proactively interfered in other countries elections.

Wake up people, the world has been well and truly ****ed over by the American regime and now everyone is crying over Trump. Who gives a **** if Trump doesn’t see Putin as the enemy from the cold war. The US regime would have loved to use the Ukraine and Crimea as NATO military bases to encircle Russia if they had the chance, and Putin has every right to stand firm against this because it is on his doorstep.

The US senate and all the Hillary fans have exposed themselves as a bunch of sore losing cry babies.

I think comrade Symyjym has a point. Trump is no more a 'criminal' than any other lying, manipulating, iffy agenda politician. The fact that he acts like a lunatic is quite refreshing IMHO. He's doing the same as any other politician but without the monotone drivelling lingua franca of politico speak buzzword bingo bullshit. At least we know what we are dealing with. He's out-Putined Putin, and Trumped his bare chested horse routine with his own Slim Pickens bomb riding one.
If you can't play the game, change the game. Interesting times.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think comrade Symyjym has a point. Trump is no more a 'criminal' than any other lying, manipulating, iffy agenda politician. The fact that he acts like a lunatic is quite refreshing IMHO. He's doing the same as any other politician but without the monotone drivelling lingua franca of politico speak buzzword bingo bullshit. At least we know what we are dealing with. He's out-Putined Putin, and Trumped his bare chested horse routine with his own Slim Pickens bomb riding one.
If you can't play the game, change the game. Interesting times.

Along with the Ukrainian, Syrian and Korean situations, these are refreshing and interesting times, very exciting.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yes but whether fake news or real news it still establishes peoples opinions. I don't believe that Assad used sarin gas but others believe he did, even though there was no reason or advantage for him to do so. If something doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
.... I don't believe that Assad used sarin gas but others believe he did, even though there was no reason or advantage for him to do so. If something doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

Well someone used it - or do you believe the 'hidden IS supply hit by a bomb' theory?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well someone used it - or do you believe the 'hidden IS supply hit by a bomb' theory?

I don't know how sarin reacts if exploded.

There are lots of chemical weapons being trafficked around the Middle East, and in Mosul the Iraqi's have found small ISIS labs that can produce it. There is lots of evidence to show that it is not hard to make or get hold of. We don't know what chemical weapons have been stolen from Gaddafi's left overs, but we know they have.

My opinion is formed by what does Assad gain. It would better be used against rebels using underground systems, not dropping from the air. Anyway there was one live video report on Al Jazeera when the woman spoke of grenade fragmnets and in the next live report she said bomb fragments.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes but whether fake news or real news it still establishes peoples opinions. I don't believe that Assad used sarin gas but others believe he did, even though there was no reason or advantage for him to do so. If something doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

good point. so the other option we have is anti-Assad forces acquired and used sarin on their own people, to create the impression Assad had. we can also go down the rabbit hole with there was no Sarin at all, just a bunch of fake accounts and footage?

so which of these options that do not make sense, a) are least nonsensical and b) practically achieved? (rhetorical question of course, because opinions/beliefs have already been set)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I always have a little bit of doubt with Louise Mensch letting her imagination get a little carried away, buy Claude Taylor is 100% sound.

FISC (Foreign Intelligence Special Court) -- named elsewhere as the body indicting Trump -- can't issue an indictment. Their purview is the approval of surveillance requests, and issuing warrants for same.
Only a federal grand jury can indict. The chances of that happening secretly are nil. Too many people involved in a very leaky city. Ken Starr's GJ leaked like a sieve.

In any event, Trump can be indicted at any time, by any competent grand jury. It's independent of what the House chooses to do -- or in this case not do -- regarding impeachment.
The fact that he's a sitting president is irrelevant.
Trump can be indicted in the absence of impeachment proceedings, and impeached in the absence of an indictment.
They're chalk and cheese.

I bow to no man over my loathing for Trump, but Mensch is way out over her skis on this one, and alarmingly ill-informed about how the US system, judicial and constitutional, works.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
It seems Twitter is well advanced of the general media on this ginger tool. There is some very interesting stuff being posted by:

Claude Taylor
Louise Mensch
Baba Yaga - hacker
Actual Jester - hacker
Eric Garland
John Schindler
Tom Nichols
Scott Dworkin
Sarah Smith
Keith Olbermann

For those interested in politics/history, I'm fairly sure this will be a great deal bigger than Watergate.

If you have a spare 45 mins or hour and a 1/2, this brand new, just released, dutch made 2 part documentary are unbelievable, the first part (45 mins) is on some of Trumps very dubious connections/dealings to the Russian mafia/political elite and his money laundering, its pretty incredible stuff backed up with proof. the second part (last 45 mins) is on other very dodgy buisness associates and dodgy dealing. How did this charlatan get away with it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
good point. so the other option we have is anti-Assad forces acquired and used sarin on their own people, to create the impression Assad had. we can also go down the rabbit hole with there was no Sarin at all, just a bunch of fake accounts and footage?

so which of these options that do not make sense, a) are least nonsensical and b) practically achieved? (rhetorical question of course, because opinions/beliefs have already been set)

The anti Assad forces include ISIS, Al Nusra, Al Sham and apart from many other factions fighting each other we can also include the so called moderate rebel FSA who some members took it upon themselves to behead a 12 year old Palestinian boy whilst in other photos's we see them posing as White Helmets. (Not a fake story)

Unfortunately with an extreme belief in Islam Muslims can justify killing children because they believe an innocent child will be judged by Allah and will be greatly rewarded in heaven if they are killed in battle. Syria was sold to the extremists as the End of Days prophecy.

With the way the West took out Saddam and Gaddafi which ended in their brutal and barbaric deaths, for Assad to use chemicals is a high risk strategy for his very own fate. My view on this is that being in his position he would have to be really stupid to take that chance, especially for no military gain.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The anti Assad forces include ISIS, Al Nusra, Al Sham and apart from many other factions fighting each other we can also include the so called moderate rebel FSA who some members took it upon themselves to behead a 12 year old Palestinian boy whilst in other photos's we see them posing as White Helmets. (Not a fake story)

Unfortunately with an extreme belief in Islam Muslims can justify killing children because they believe an innocent child will be judged by Allah and will be greatly rewarded in heaven if they are killed in battle. Syria was sold to the extremists as the End of Days prophecy.

With the way the West took out Saddam and Gaddafi which ended in their brutal and barbaric deaths, for Assad to use chemicals is a high risk strategy for his very own fate. My view on this is that being in his position he would have to be really stupid to take that chance, especially for no military gain.

Shouldn't you start up a pro Assad in Syria with little knowledge thread and leave the Trump thread? Smoke screens are so Trumpski.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here