Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, wrong and misguided on so many levels...

Trump explains his distinctive orange hue: it's the lightbulbs
It’s been the subject of intense debate among late-night comedians and Donald Trump’s many online critics: why, in certain circumstances, does the president of the United States sometimes appear … orange?
Now Trump himself has come up with an answer – and it’s not one anyone was expecting. The problem, apparently, is energy-efficient lightbulbs.
Talking before an audience of Republican legislators in Baltimore on Thursday night, Trump gave a rambling speech in which he tackled criticism of his recent plans to weaken regulations on environmentally friendly bulbs.
“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”
But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.
Energy-efficient bulbs such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) typically use about 25 to 80% less energy than traditional incandescents, and can last up to 25 times longer.
But that wasn’t good enough for Trump. He continued: “What are we doing? It’s considered hazardous waste, but it’s many times more expensive and frankly the light is not as good. So we’re going to sell them, but we’re also going to sell incandescent bulbs. People are very happy about it. It’s amazing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/13/trump-orange-skin-hue-lightbulbs-energy-efficient

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Watched a bit of the Democratic nominee debate last night, at nearly 3 hours way too long to watch all of it. Now it's down to 10 it was a bit more interesting - I actually think any one of them could wipe the floor with Trump as he's such an intellectual lightweight. Disappointed with Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders - Elizabeth Warren did pretty well but not sure she's the one to lead them against Trump. I think that gun control is definitely going to be an issue the Democrats will all campaign on - it certainly was last night

I hear this ad was aired during the debates. :ffsparr:

https://youtu.be/XLM9p8m7BBM

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I hear this ad was aired during the debates. :ffsparr:

https://youtu.be/XLM9p8m7BBM

Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White
Democrats and independents grow more diverse since 2008

https://news.gallup.com/poll/160373/democrats-racially-diverse-republicans-mostly-white.aspx

bzy3o329y0mlpris47pfaa.gif

gqb-9vs1a0eyb5dyw6tmjq.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow, wrong and misguided on so many levels...

Trump explains his distinctive orange hue: it's the lightbulbs
It’s been the subject of intense debate among late-night comedians and Donald Trump’s many online critics: why, in certain circumstances, does the president of the United States sometimes appear … orange?
Now Trump himself has come up with an answer – and it’s not one anyone was expecting. The problem, apparently, is energy-efficient lightbulbs.
Talking before an audience of Republican legislators in Baltimore on Thursday night, Trump gave a rambling speech in which he tackled criticism of his recent plans to weaken regulations on environmentally friendly bulbs.
“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”
But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.
Energy-efficient bulbs such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs) typically use about 25 to 80% less energy than traditional incandescents, and can last up to 25 times longer.
But that wasn’t good enough for Trump. He continued: “What are we doing? It’s considered hazardous waste, but it’s many times more expensive and frankly the light is not as good. So we’re going to sell them, but we’re also going to sell incandescent bulbs. People are very happy about it. It’s amazing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/13/trump-orange-skin-hue-lightbulbs-energy-efficient

Not only is a lot of it wrong but he also sounds unable to construct a sentence.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not only is a lot of it wrong but he also sounds unable to construct a sentence.

Good piece on that very issue just today.

I particularly like one of the Trump press conference replies quoted verbatim in the comments section. Someone asked him for his views on Iran developing nuclear power, and this is what we got as a response:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I particularly like one of the Trump press conference replies quoted verbatim in the comments section. Someone asked him for his views on Iran developing nuclear power, and this is what we got as a response:

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

Frightening. truly frightening.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just when you think Trump couldn't stoop any lower, he's mocked Greta Thunberg:

“She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!” tweeted the US president late on Monday night.

Never able to act presidential, he behaves as a sick internet troll. It would almost be funny, if he didn't have the power and desire to destroy.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Incredible

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Addressing the UN now. Is there a worse public speaker? He's droning on and on and on and if I was there I would be asleep by now. I have him on TV and can only stay awake by multitasking.

he's doing his solemn again ... it was hilarious for a bit, now it's ****ing painful

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Addressing the UN now. Is there a worse public speaker? He's droning on and on and on and if I was there I would be asleep by now. I have him on TV and can only stay awake by multitasking.

It has been strongly suggested that he has a long term condition that is going to affect his mental capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here