Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
"I tested very positively in another sense. I tested positively toward negative. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative," President Trump says in his presser this morning.

I think he is legitimately the stupidest person I've ever encountered.

Video:

[tweet]1263516997746405379[/tweet]

And that's when you realize that "Spitting Image" has been made redundant

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:lolol::lolol:

[tweet]1263602255476985862[/tweet]

She’s great, some of her clips are spot on. Have you seen her do the Mayor of Las Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
She’s great, some of her clips are spot on. Have you seen her do the Mayor of Las Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse me.... What i said was i offered to be a controlled group :lolol::lolol:

I love her facial expressions in these clips

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
THE PRESIDENT: And, you know, when you say “per capita,” there’s many per capitas. It’s, like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category, and we’re really at the top, meaning positive on a per capita basis, too. They’ve done a great job.

The man is a total moron.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]1263809107175358465[/tweet]

Maybe best to say nothing in his position until he has the facts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that he can't is neither here nor there.

[tweet]1263897897248133123[/tweet]

What if Donny's actually a good guy who is trying to rid America of it's stooooopid?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The fact that he can't is neither here nor there.

[tweet]1263897897248133123[/tweet]

What if Donny's actually a good guy who is trying to rid America of it's stooooopid?

Might be a good idea to mark this Sunday, the 24th, on the calendar, then give it 14 days and have a look at the Worldometers Covid-19 statistics for the USA. They might genuinely have God on their side .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[Tweet]1263809107175358465[/tweet]

Maybe best to say nothing in his position until he has the facts.

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
Trump has a small stake through a mutual fund in Sanofi, a French company that makes hydroxychloroquine.

The president’s holdings in Sanofi are valued at up to $1,500, meaning he would not stand to profit much from the company’s stock performance.

Experts told us that Trump’s holdings do not violate federal conflict of interest laws.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...has-tiny-financial-stake-company-manufacture/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am with you Viper in that there are some boring threads on NSC. The difference is I don't go on them.....because they are boring.

The Word Association Game thread is terribly tedious, so I give it a swerve. I have never posted on it. Maybe I should keep posting on it to say how much I find it boring?

I have the viper (God, what a self-aggrandizing prick of a user name) on ignore. Just thought I mention that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have the viper (God, what a self-aggrandizing prick of a user name) on ignore. Just thought I mention that.

I am pleased you did. As if you hadn't I wouldn't have googled self-aggrandizing. :)

What a great term. In my vault for future reference. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has probably already been mentioned on this Trump thread (it is rather a long thread, and rightfully so)

I have to agree with Nate White on why the British don't like Trump.

https://bergensia.com/someone-asked-why-do-some-british-people-not-like-donald-trump/

Copied below.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

It's true. When has he ever said something genuinely humorous? When has he ever admitted making an error or even misunderstanding something?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
This has probably already been mentioned on this Trump thread (it is rather a long thread, and rightfully so)

https://bergensia.com/someone-asked-why-do-some-british-people-not-like-donald-trump/

Copied below.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

It's true. When has he ever said something genuinely humorous? When has he ever admitted making an error or even misunderstanding something?

Hadn’t read this before and it’s spot on.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Cheers mate. We're still on lockdown until June 15 but NYC is slowly returning to normal - whatever that is these days. What's it like out West ? I'm wondering how long it'll be before they resume flights to the UK, I'm guessing it'll be a while
Beaches opened over the last few days but masks still everywhere. There is new dilemma of a huge surge of people hitting every store, public walkway, gas station or anything that would have not even raised an eyebrow of interest in the past. Regarding the flights home, we (family) are fast approaching our second round of long time scheduled trips home being canceled. First ones were in March, next ones were when school gets out here in 3 weeks, Ce La Vie. Time to see some of the checklist states via a road trip I guess.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Copied below.

Bit rich all that considering our current government and the shit show we've been through the last few years. And Im pretty sure it's not just the British who don't have time for Trump. How high is his pedestal? I wonder what European folk living in holiday destinations frequented by cheap British holidaymakers would have to say about the opening line and paragraph :lol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am pleased you did. As if you hadn't I wouldn't have googled self-aggrandizing. :)

What a great term. In my vault for future reference. :thumbsup:

Please put the English spelling in your vault. Bug bear of mine that the American Z is creeping in to a lot of our words.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
WHO drops hydroxychloroquine from Covid-19 trial

Someone pass that on to ....oh hang on he doesn’t like them....cancel that!

“ Director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the decision was made in light research that showed people taking it were at higher risk of early death.”

Oh definitely don’t tell him :whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Copied below.

Spot on. A bully. Can’t stand the tosser.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Where have Trump supporters gone on here ?

I anyone finds them ask them if they seen Boris.

What is the point of giving any kind of opinion different to the prevailing one? I've been called more abusive names in this topic for simply giving an opinion than all the topics on NSC put together. Enjoy the circle jerk, if we're gonna get personal and nasty idk why we bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here